Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Who's Scarab KV is this for sale? >

Who's Scarab KV is this for sale?

Notices

Who's Scarab KV is this for sale?

Old 05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who's Scarab KV is this for sale?

$47,000 but I knew I was over paying. It surveyed at $42K and the surveyor said he was being generous. Owner wanted $50 and no lower, he started at $65K. It was all I could do to get it to $47K after the survey. I just really loved the boat since it was so unique. It needed $5K plus in work at the time minimum.

I think he operated the boat pretty conservatively. Mostly just cruising around at cruise speed and less. He stated he had never really opened it up very often. He trailered it in and out. I don't think he cared much about fixing all the little things that went wrong, and they turned into a lot of little things over time. For example, the electric trim indicators stopped working, so he stopped trimming the boat out instead of fixing them and just accepted the drives being down. I guess I'm just too nuts about maintenance to even think about letting the little stupid things go.

Good luck.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:29 PM
jb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forget the surveyor... you were the generous one
Old 05-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered

Saw it once the summer before last at sandy hook bay nosed up on the beach. Looked good from far but i guess the survey showed far from good. Did look nice in the water . Sounds like a project and a half. I did talk to the guy as we were hanging on the beach , remember him saying he was from edison.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Registered

Stinger390, thanks for the info. You must of really liked the boat. I agree with what you said about maintenance. A person should only buy this KV if they want to put some money and a good amount of work into it.

My offer would be in the high 20's low 30's, but I'm a tightwad.
Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Registered

Thats him from Edison...Al is his name. I agree, I was more then generous....unfortunately I probobly made him think it was worth more because I was willing to pay his premium. Although there is collector value to the boat I doubt it is worth anywhere near what I was willing to pay for it in it's present condition. He would have been best to take my money a year ago.

The funny thing is that it was exactly 1 year later to the day that he contacted me asking me if I wanted to buy it again. She sure needs some work, but someone should know what they are doing and be prepared to do the work themselves, or it is bound to cost a bundle to do.

I had a real sentimental interest in the boat. I loved watching MV in the 80's just because of the boat. I ended up with a Stinger 390 exactly like the one in the show and it has turned out to be a much better all around boat, but I sure will always love the look of that classic Scarab. With a little work it will make someone a very nice boat. I wish I had the means to take on another project boat and I would do it myself, but the Stinger restoration has tapped me out for now.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered

It looks like mine but mine is in mint condition survey was done in July of 2005 for $64,500.00 replacement cost was $250,000.00 and I'll be selling it do to personal problems.The person was very anal and spared no expense when work was done.Drives were just redone at over $5,000.00 motors are stout gps at 74mhp has no arch and sundeck is all padded I can e-mail photo's contact me at [email protected] if interested?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:12 AM
Registered

It looks like the boat was not sold on ebay. Never met his reserve at $20,100. I can only imagine what his reserve was....probobly $50k or more if he is going by what I was willing to pay.

Chuck, is this your boat? If so I contacted the p.o. about it right after you bought it. It looks like the cleanest KV I have ever seen. Too bad you have to sell it. How much are you going to ask?

Last edited by OffshoreOnly; 01-11-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Registered

yes the boat is clean! the ex said she is going to refinance it but who knows? I'm just getting ready to possibly sell it I'm thinking around 53k? is that too much? I don't think it is like I said the boat is clean(very).
Old 05-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love the look of the old scarabs especialy wit that paint scheme...too bad were already drownin on own project or would already be callin ye about ur kv
Old 05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Chuck, that is one sweet scarab!
Whats for power / drives?

Quick Reply: Who's Scarab KV is this for sale?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.