WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab >

WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab

Notices

WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab

Old 06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prostreeter
BTW...I was going to buy a 1997 Scarab 22 last summer in Missouri.The boat was represented to be in excellent condition with a supercharged 454.He was asking 20k.Drove clear the hell out to Missouri for a lake trial.5 minutes in the the ride the motor blows from going too lean.I was really pissed for a wasted trip (600 miles one way) but in the end it worked out for the better.
I could see how that would be frustrating. The 22 fts that I have been looking at are all in "great" condition. One in particular looks great with only 250 hours. The guy says he won't take any less than 14K for the boat. Interior is immaculate and the outside is all white with no stickers.

It would cost me about 600 to ship to California, but oh well.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

OK...I'm offering 14 for the boat and should hear back this afternoon. Now, I have to ship the boat to CA!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 47pilotsteve
OK...I'm offering 14 for the boat and should hear back this afternoon. Now, I have to ship the boat to CA!!
Good luck man !
Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Registered

Steve,

I was thinking 15K would be a good price for a big block 22' Scarab in Great shape. I know AB water sports. they are a good dealer and stand behind what they sell.

sound like you may have a ride from CA.

Good Luck!

Speed

PS . I did come to a few morings on my 22' not bad, but I would not plan a weekend on it.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

Stop pissing around and buy the boat.At least you've decided on a SCARAB and not not a baja.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered

Stop pissing around and buy the boat.At least you've decided on a SCARAB and not not a baja.
You're right about that. I grew up with Wellcraft boats. I was looking at Baja boats only because my good friend has a 27ft one that is really nice.

This isn't the boat from the dealer linked to above...another source.

The nice thing is that the boat is bare. I mean it's all white, so I guess I need to figure out some way to make it look nice. Any ideas other than painting? I may look at some vinyl graphics. Suggestions?

My wife is really excited about being able to lay out on the back of the boat.

Thanks all from a new guy to the community.

-Steve
Old 06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right about that. I grew up with Wellcraft boats. I was looking at Baja boats only because my good friend has a 27ft one that is really nice.

This isn't the boat from the dealer linked to above...another source.

The nice thing is that the boat is bare. I mean it's all white, so I guess I need to figure out some way to make it look nice. Any ideas other than painting? I may look at some vinyl graphics. Suggestions?

My wife is really excited about being able to lay out on the back of the boat.

Thanks all from a new guy to the community.

-Steve
there are a few threads about wraps. its a cool and cheap way to do what you want every few years
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ighlight=wraps
Old 06-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered

OK....I think it's done. Agreed to 14K for the boat. Has new power/drive and stringers installed recently. Additionally, all gelcoat was repaired and polished.

Now, I have to figure out the graphics for the side.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Registered

Congrats!!!
Show us some pics and have fun.Welcome to the Scarab world.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Registered

Congrats!!!
Show us some pics and have fun.Welcome to the Scarab world.
I think I'm getting a good deal at 14K...less than 200 hrs, new interior.

As far as pics, I can't wait to see it myself! I'll get some on the water, etc...

-Steve

I was debating over the weekend because there is a 22 on eBay with a modded engine, but I don't want to mess with that. I know from my road racing that modded engines can be finnicky and I don't want to have to bring my toolbag with me everytime I go to the lake. I just want a reliable boat.

Quick Reply: WTB 1998 22' or 23' scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.