Notices

Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland

Old 03-13-2007, 07:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland

Hey guys,
My neighbor is the original owner of one of these 1987 38KV's. It's not one of the boats from the show, but I guess that they made a bunch of "Miami Vice Editions"???

Anyway, He is an older guy and him and his Son used the run this boat around Annapolis alot. They owned Curtis Propeller in Maryland until last spring. He asked me yesterday if I knew anyone who might be interested in the boat as they never run it anymore. It got less than 10 hours on it last year. The boat originally had Merc 420's and trs drives. A few years ago, They completely replaced the transom and painted the boat, then converted it over to new Mercury 500efi's, Bravo1 drives and transom assemblys. It's also sitting on a Myco aluminum trailer. He said that it has 50-60 hours on the drivetrain. I'm sure that this can be verified on the computer if anyone is interested in the boat.

Like I said, the guy is my neighbor, the boat is shrinkwrapped on the trailer in his yard. If anyone is interested in this boat, I would be more than happy to put you in touch with him. He said that he would like to get 65K for the boat, including the Myco trailer. I'm not sure what these boats are worth, but the engines, transom assemblies and drives had to be at least 65K.

Craig Hall

Last edited by OldSchool; 03-13-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Price seems like a reasonable asking price with all that work done if it's in immaculate condition. Did they paint it the same or change the color scheme? I think it's pretty expensive to re-paint the same pattern if you are doing it all over. Sounds nice with EFI engines and bravo drives. I would be interested if I did not have my Stinger, but who knows...it's for sale.

Lots of KV's have sold in the last 2-3 years for between $37-$55K but not with that kind of extensive work, and not all with the MV paint. I had a deal for one in CA, a 1988 model which was perfect in every respect with a myco trailer and original 420's / TRS with only 180 original documented hours. No MV paint but real nice similar type of paint job. Deal was for $45K a few years ago, I wish I had bought it.

Hey Al, what do you care...you already have one......

Todd

Last edited by stinger390; 03-13-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Repaint of the same paint job. They didn't cut any corners. They were a Merc dealer, so I imagine that they got all of the stuff at dealer prices. I remember him telling me that his cost on the 500efi's was like 22K each, so that is 44K just for the engines. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll forward his phone number to you. I'm just trying to help out my neighbor here, If I wasn't so happy with what I currently have....I'd already have the boat on my lift!!

He also told me that the boat has never been in the water overnight. He lives on the water and has a covered lift and it spends the winter shrinkwrapped on the trailer. Keep in mind that 65K is his ASKING PRICE.

Last edited by OldSchool; 03-13-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an unbelievable boat, with a very meticulous owner. If I sell the Stinger I could be interested, especially if it's that nice. I personally would love to see pictures of it, as I'm sure many others would as well.

BTW...I heard it was like $20K to repaint that same paint job due to the airbrushing/fade back colors and the entire paint spectrum being needed to do it right. I love seeing people not cutting corners and keeping the originality, no matter the cost. (unfortunately cost would be an issue for me)

Todd

Last edited by stinger390; 03-13-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Any pics???
Old 03-15-2007, 06:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by senzaspectre
Any pics???
I don't have any pictures of the boat. I can walk over to his house this weekend and take a few.....but all that you will see is blue shrinkwrap!! I'll ask him if he has any pictures....but will be completely surprized if he does have any digital ones.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is my old Miami Vice 38 KV I sold it in 1998 for $50,000 and it was in great shape

I love the old classics

I would love to have this one back
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-boatrace-.jpg   Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-boatlft.jpg  
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in this boat. I have been looking for one for a while.
Please send me the number or call me

email [email protected]
or 419-889-9214
THANKS!
JIM
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smacky,
Check your voice mail and emails!

Here are a few pictures that were taken last fall. The graphics on the side are vinyl.
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-kv1.jpeg   Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-kv2.jpeg   Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-kv3.jpeg  

Old 03-16-2007, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

more
Attached Thumbnails Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-kv4.jpeg   Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-kv5.jpeg   Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland-kv6.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Miami Vice edition 38KV in Maryland

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.