97 Scarab SCS 23 >

97 Scarab SCS 23

Notices

97 Scarab SCS 23

Old 06-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Scarab SCS 23

I just bought this boat in dallas. its my first high performance power boat , except for a big block jet boat if it counts! its a 502 mag, has external p/s system and a 25 pitch prop. i would like to know some more of the particulars about this type boat.

by the way how do i post pics?
Old 06-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coolhand502
I just bought this boat in dallas. its my first high performance power boat , except for a big block jet boat if it counts! its a 502 mag, has external p/s system and a 25 pitch prop. i would like to know some more of the particulars about this type boat.

by the way how do i post pics?
you will find all you want to know on this site To post a pic you will have to upgrade your membership.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Registered

If your boat has the stock Merc exhaust riser gasket be careful with that.They are known to leak and water could get into the cylinders and cause havoc.This happned to my 502 and I decided to replace the entire exhaust with IMCO so it wont happen again.Not saying it will happen just keep an eye on it.

As for the boat,what an attention getter this is at the lake.They didn't make many of these in their short production run.I'm sure your aware that this boat was featured in the 1997 movie "Face Off".

Did you happen to buy the boat in Lewisville,Tx.

There are a couple SCS owners on this forum and I'm sure they'll be around shortly.Have fun with that boat.I know I am.

Steve
Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Registered

Default 97 scs

i did buy it in lewisville do you know the boat? what is the story with the imco steering is that stock or an ad on. i didnt realize it was a movie boat till i saw yours and did some research on the web. also do you know what the scs stands for. i also wonder are there any spare parts just in case. anyway i am stoked over this boat it is my dream to own a scarab and believe it or not my wife may be more stoked than i am, well maybe

www.myspace.com/coolhand750

Luke

Last edited by coolhand502; 06-21-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered

I bought my boat last January and I have been interested in the sales of this particular boat ever since I bought mine.I just saw your boat on the net.Dont know anything about it.

The IMCO steering was standard equipment on all 502's.Most of the SCS's came with a 454 and IMCO was an option.We both are lucky because 502's are very rare in our boats.

SCS....means super compitition series.

Cant get part for our boat (other than engine parts) because they are no longer in production.These were a short run specialty boat.

I have a 5 minutes of the FACE OFF scene using our boats in the movie.How do I upload it to this forum?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

i cant post pics or clips till i upgrade membership but my boat is in "my pics" at my space i think i will take your advice and order a set of imco manifolds they claim a big power gain to did you notice that big of a difference

Luke
Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

I noticed a huge difference but mainly I lost 150lbs of weight off the boat.Those Merc exhaust are anchors.

Most people will give you advise to go with Stainless Marine exhaust.I went with IMCO because the guy who will be installing my procharger next month has done testing with both and his findings are that IMCO provides the best bang for the buck.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Luke...

Do you know where Sherrwood Arkansas is?

My last boat was a 1995 Concord LS7 made in Arkansas.I've had several Concords over the years and they are great boats...very well made.

The LS7 sunk after hitting a submerged object memorial day of last year.Kind of glad it happened because I now have this awsome SCS.

Steve
Old 06-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

I live in the next town over, I know Brian I used to sell him odds and ends when i ran a parts store in jacksonville I thought about having him build a boat for me but just had to have a Scarab. a procharger!!! man thats gotta be sweet how much boost ? Your right about the SCS it's a sweet ride. I won't be able to try it out till I get back from vacation, only got to test drive it at dealership for twenty minutes or so in between rain storms. I'll give you a full report when i get back.

Luke
Old 06-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

You haven't taken your boat out yet? WOW you must be choppin' at the bit.Have fun the first time out.

Yea,I know Brian and Fritz at the boat shop very well.That LS7 was a hell of a boat but a little under powered for it's size.I considered having them build me another boat too but when this SCS came along I said that's it,that's the boat I need.

The procharger boost will be no more than 5%.Even with that small boost it will give the boat another 10mph.We boat at 6k elevation and that equates to a 20% power drop from sea level.The boat should run low 80's,plenty fast for our small lakes.

Quick Reply: 97 Scarab SCS 23

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.