Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Larry Smith Scarab >

Larry Smith Scarab

Notices

Larry Smith Scarab

Old 07-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Reddeath, take a look at page 3, thread "how many people have Larry Smith Scarabs". There you have some info like layup, construction, material, VIN-nr etc.. /Mange
Old 07-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=pachanga;2190767]
Originally Posted by scarabman

I never heard of Searay trying to get in the racing business! The only proof I needed was the poor quality I saw in all the Wellcraft boats I looked at(as well as others). I am not trying to knock you guys. But the Pachanga I bought was the 1st boat I drove that didn't feel like it was gonna bust all to pieces when ya hit another boat's wake or whatever! Here I was sitting in a 20 year old boat that was solid as a rock! The craftmanship just oozed out of it! I am certain it is not the fastest boat out there. But it is definitely onna the better built boats out there!
Patchy, why is it you float around the scarab posts making lame remarks about durability of these boats? I see 6 posts in the sea ray forum, why not start your own buzz there, with that massive contigency of ray owners? All 6...............
Old 07-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

Because he's floating a turd.Doesn't matter how much HP you bolt on to a turd,it's still a turd.

He's obviuosly been up against a Scarab or two and they flushed that turd right down the stool.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Prostreeter
Because he's floating a turd.Doesn't matter how much HP you bolt on to a turd,it's still a turd.

He's obviuosly been up against a Scarab or two and they flushed that turd right down the stool.
I am pretty sure it wasnt quality he felt oozing out of the boat, it was most likely diarhea
Old 08-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered

ill tell you what i got a ls scarab that will put whatever your p.o.s. is down for the count, so just bring it to loto
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2boatpoor
ill tell you what i got a ls scarab that will put whatever your p.o.s. is down for the count, so just bring it to loto
Ha ha ha! Let's see some of your 43LS! Love these boats. Did Team Scarab ever build "pleasure" boats in the 38-46ft range? Mange
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
Registered

heres a pic of it, i got sum more but not on this computer i will put them on here this weekend, its got 6's and 1100's
Attached Thumbnails Larry Smith Scarab-p1030085.jpg  
Old 09-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Guys it turns out that the Canadian broker who has this LSmith is eager to move it AT A FAIR PRICE before the long winter sets in, (this particular boat has been forsale forever).Picture wise it almost shows new.Within a few weeks i will head north to check it out. Is there anything special-problem wise(indicative of a LarrySmith ) i should have the marine surveyer look at?.The boat is running a set of staggered Merc 1000s detuned to 900s (six drives) so i assume it should easily run an honest 100mph no cabin ect on a non stepped hull.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:59 AM
Registered

Good Afternoon Sir,
i have a all red 26' larry smith that was built in 1988 for one of the McQuiny brothers in Sunset Aquatic. I wanted to see if you knew any info on it.

Thank You

Originally Posted by Mike J
I have been gone all week, I have info on the 26LS Scarabs from 1st to Stright bottom What is the hull ID # Mine is the 4th
one The first was made for Tom Gentry and the last time I checked it was still in Hawaii.
Most of the Team Scarab LS Hulls were made by the same person and his crew his name is Ruddy Munez and he lives
close by my home in the Hi-Desert of SoCal.
The 26 Boats were rigged both at team Scarab or by some of
the best Riggers in the business.
There are records of the Building of each hull but they are in
storage and I do not have access to them, Lets first start with
the ID # My ID Starts with SQE101----88 and It should be one the Stbd rear, There is also another place the number is that
is glassed in side the boat.
Mike J.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Registered

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forum...ghlight=scarab

The red one shown in this thread... Says its an 89 but the vin says 88.

Originally Posted by twinrigskier
Good Afternoon Sir,
i have a all red 26' larry smith that was built in 1988 for one of the McQuiny brothers in Sunset Aquatic. I wanted to see if you knew any info on it.

Thank You

Quick Reply: Larry Smith Scarab

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.