I may regret this but >

I may regret this but

Notices

I may regret this but

Old 08-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I may regret this but

I am starting to think about selling the excel and step up to something bigger.
21' professionally built BBC with ZZ502 aluminum heads,cam,intake,Forged 10:1 Pistons,marine power aluminum exhaust manifolds,Hei distributor,New 130gph fuel pump and regulator and brand new Barry Grant 825 with 6 hours runtime on it.
Boat has less than 20 hours on it since rebuild. Runs great on 91 octane.

What would be a REASONABLE price to sell it quick
Attached Thumbnails I may regret this but-tickfaw200.jpg   I may regret this but-engine5.jpg   I may regret this but-scarab.jpg  

Last edited by BY U BOY; 08-03-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet ride dude

Old 08-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by coolhand502
sweet ride dude

Thanks bro!

hows that scs treating you?
Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Registered

Well I dont know what it's worth but looking at the pics I dont think you'll have a hard time finding a new home for it.Darn impressive motor.

Will you be looking at something other than another Scarab?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Prostreeter
Well I dont know what it's worth but looking at the pics I dont think you'll have a hard time finding a new home for it.Darn impressive motor.

Will you be looking at something other than another Scarab?
YES SONIC AND ACTIVE THUNDER ARE ON THE TOP OF THE LIST. bUT I;M SURE ILL CHANGE MY MIND AGAIN
Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Nice ride!! I sold mine back in May. I hated to see her go, but the next one is going to be a sweet one. I'm taking a break from power boating for a while.

As far as what to sell yours for, the market as u know is a tough one right now. I sold my 29' for 37K. I wanted to get more for it considering the Whipple motor, but the market just couldn't bear it. I would have sat on it for a while. I sold it after only having it advertised for two days to a great couple living in Louisiana.

Being a 21' if the motor is in good shape,I would think you could get between 15 and 20K for it. I know it may not be a lot, but I'm going by what I think the market can handle.

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome!! And try to stay dry down there!! I'm working in PA right now and me and the wife have been watching all the rain U guys have been getting!! That SUCKS!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

$15K to sell it relatively fast, but be negotiable. Its a nice boat, but its still only 21ft and you can get a nice 24 for the same price.

My 1992 24 python was sold for under $14K with a 502.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab
Nice ride!! I sold mine back in May. I hated to see her go, but the next one is going to be a sweet one. I'm taking a break from power boating for a while.

As far as what to sell yours for, the market as u know is a tough one right now. I sold my 29' for 37K. I wanted to get more for it considering the Whipple motor, but the market just couldn't bear it. I would have sat on it for a while. I sold it after only having it advertised for two days to a great couple living in Louisiana.

Being a 21' if the motor is in good shape,I would think you could get between 15 and 20K for it. I know it may not be a lot, but I'm going by what I think the market can handle.

Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome!! And try to stay dry down there!! I'm working in PA right now and me and the wife have been watching all the rain U guys have been getting!! That SUCKS!!!
Uep the rain sucks. We did have a nice weekend here though. I did not take the boat out yesterday due to a hang over from a deep sea trip(we racke dup) and a bachelor party

Hurry back To the Mother land
Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
$15K to sell it relatively fast, but be negotiable. Its a nice boat, but its still only 21ft and you can get a nice 24 for the same price.

My 1992 24 python was sold for under $14K with a 502.
I was thinking the same thing. I have a lot in the motor but i knew i would not get that back. NAda says 17k, I am willing to sit on it if i need to. I will probably list it in the fall so i can have some time to find something i like and not miss any boating. .

Have you found a boat yet?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I would hang on for a while if your going to try to ge that kinda coin for it,,,its a tough market right now,,i'm changing gears for a while now that i'm in PA. I found a pontoon boat for a river party barge up here. I have 2003 Honda turbo waverunner for haulin A' in!

There's a nice sand bar on the other side of the river everyone goes to on the weekends to hang out on,.,,its perfect not including i found the pontoon boat for only 1400 bucks!! I'll eventualy fix it up and give to my father in law for a present. Good Luck on your sell!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.