Scarab pricing??

Notices

Scarab pricing??

Old 08-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaama82
I've got spray for that itch, my wallet can't afford to go much faster.
Mine either that is why I will buy one that is faster all ready.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered

You've already got the engines, buy a hull, rig it, and your set.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kaama82
You've already got the engines, buy a hull, rig it, and your set.
I think I just found THE hull actually. I'll PM you the link.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seling Scarab

I had the same problem of selling my 38 without engines., had complete rigging. needed new bilge floor paint to be nice. solid transom/ stringer and lots of new custom made trim parts, $8k in cockpit and i had to nearly give it away on a trailer after 2 yrs. even though they look nice they can finance a newer complete boat and be done. Sorry to say they are hard to sell and dont bring much.

I also think the newer generation of boat buyers are not seeing scarab as a contender like many other great brands of the early days that do not build boats now.

my $.01 opinion.
Ken
Old 08-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bad Girl
I had the same problem of selling my 38 without engines., had complete rigging. needed new bilge floor paint to be nice. solid transom/ stringer and lots of new custom made trim parts, $8k in cockpit and i had to nearly give it away on a trailer after 2 yrs. even though they look nice they can finance a newer complete boat and be done. Sorry to say they are hard to sell and dont bring much.

I also think the newer generation of boat buyers are not seeing scarab as a contender like many other great brands of the early days that do not build boats now.

my $.01 opinion.
Ken

Yeah, I do agree with you on all of what you said. Mine is in good shape, and that is why I offer the power options. Want to sell someone what they want. If I can get some extra engines out of my garage at the same time, then I have more money for my down payment on my new one.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab

I had the same thing in mind. I have pair 800sc with hubers and fresh #3 gimbals and drives for sa steal with the boat. Each person that looked at it did not want the power since the usual situation was that they could "find" some power with a buddy of theirs. They could barley afford the boat, but it was the only way for them to get into a 38 footer.
take care, and good luck. I'll wait to see how you do!
Ken
Old 08-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if your looking for a cat.. I have a very fast HTM for sale
Old 08-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Unitek
if your looking for a cat.. I have a very fast HTM for sale
Since I can't PM you. Which one is it?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Girl

my $.01 opinion.
Ken
I agree. With the market in the toilet, its real hard to sell any boat, especially a 25 year old one no matter how clean it is. Kinda sucks. My buddy just bought a mint 1982 Kaama Flatdeck. Paid 38k, took it out the first time, threw a rod, had it rebuilt, 3rd time out other engine lost rings. Blowing oil all over the valve covers, were half a$$ed motors built by a backyard mechanic with car cams, etc. He has 50k in it, and even with two fresh motors, he knows he'd be a lucky guy to get 25k for it tomorrow. Big old scarabs sell on ebay all the time in nice shape for 20-30k fully rigged and water ready. There have been a few nice KV Scarabs in the classifieds priced at 50k, no buyers. Too bad, because the older Scarabs are a lot of boat for the money.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I agree. With the market in the toilet, its real hard to sell any boat, especially a 25 year old one no matter how clean it is. Kinda sucks. My buddy just bought a mint 1982 Kaama Flatdeck. Paid 38k, took it out the first time, threw a rod, had it rebuilt, 3rd time out other engine lost rings. Blowing oil all over the valve covers, were half a$$ed motors built by a backyard mechanic with car cams, etc. He has 50k in it, and even with two fresh motors, he knows he'd be a lucky guy to get 25k for it tomorrow. Big old scarabs sell on ebay all the time in nice shape for 20-30k fully rigged and water ready. There have been a few nice KV Scarabs in the classifieds priced at 50k, no buyers. Too bad, because the older Scarabs are a lot of boat for the money.
Sam exact thing happened with mine. THat is why I have those new 582's in it now. I built them to go in it and use later in my next boat. I have a DIFFERENT set of Merc 454's to put in the boat over the winter if I can't get it sold. I basically sold the blocks for the engines that came in it because everything in them was junk. I salvaged the tins, and later on on the dyno, I found a pin hole in the oil pan. Go figure.

Good thing is that I have the title, so I don't have to worry about it sitting there for sale and making a payment.

Quick Reply: Scarab pricing??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.