Damn that went fast....

Notices

Damn that went fast....

Old 09-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn that went fast....

the summer I mean.
Just picked my boat up from the marina this afternoon all winterized and shrink wraped.Wont see water again until mid april.

The boating season started off on a bad note due to the exhaust riser gaskets leaking and hydolocked the motor but that was mid may and all was repaired within a couple weeks.

We got a good 5 months of boating in and had a blast with this Scarab.In that 5 months I couldn't find anything negative with the SCS and it ran great all summer.We figured we burnt about 1200 gallons of fuel this summer but that's probably a weekend trip for you offshore boys.

Now what are we going to talk about for the next six months?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Going to be in the sixtys here tomorrow, I think its about done. Since this is the first year in ten that I've had a boat again its depressing for sure.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

you can always come to florida and go for a ride in my scs ,glad you liked your boat i have only had mine for 3 weeks and one test ride ,im having service done at this time before i use it ,which also involves pulling the risers and doing an inspection
Old 09-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Registered

Good call on pulling the risers and checking the gaskets.Wished I would have done that.Live and learn I guess.

Will you be changing out the stock exhaust manifolds and going liteweight aftermarket? I saw a huge difference when I installed IMCO exhaust.

So you Florida guys never put your boats or classic cars away after the summer.Maybe we should move....naw....
Old 09-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

just oem for now,im spending my money on a full restore at this time,she's a 8.5 out of a 10 now,when im done and i figure out if a 23 "s going to work for me ,i just got rid of a 29.5 scarab with 502 mpi,it was a little on the heavy side with one motor,but had a great ride for this old man,i was going to buy another 22 sport and i ran across this scs,the 22 was a blast to ride in on a 1 foot sea or so,hope this 23 scs will be even better,im in love all over again,and when i figure that part out ,then i will mod it accordingly

Last edited by scarabrun; 09-16-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: ps.i use my boats all year long and i pay the price for it with taxes and insurance in this expensive state to live in
Old 09-16-2007, 05:32 PM
Registered

Prostreet do you ever go to glendo? I was there a few years ago in my formula and tangled with a quick little scarab. Does your friend have a fountain?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

We went to Glendo 3 times this year.I didn't have this Scarab 3 years ago so it couldn't be me.

Have you put your boat away yet?
Old 09-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Prostreeter
We went to Glendo 3 times this year.I didn't have this Scarab 3 years ago so it couldn't be me.

Have you put your boat away yet?
I never got my boat out. Its all tore apart getting the updated treatment. Where do you guys usually boat?
Old 09-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by capone550
I never got my boat out. Its all tore apart getting the updated treatment. Where do you guys usually boat?

As much as I hate to admit it.....Chatfield.We live right across the street from the lake so it's convienent.The 40mph speed limit sure sucks with a boat that can do 75.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Now THAT must be brutal. I can't even imagine being only able to use like a 1/3 throttle max!

Boat is coming out in about 3 or so weeks.

Quick Reply: Damn that went fast....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.