Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Where are all the p29's and what power ? >

Where are all the p29's and what power ?

Notices

Where are all the p29's and what power ?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastp29
i love that p38 , i wish i knew it was for sale a couple years ago before i dumped too much money in the motors i have now , or it would be on the chesapeaka bay now . hopefully it will be for sale again in the next couple years . its on the wish list .
Sorry, it won't be for sale anythime soon. I just got everything wrapped up at the boat shop yesterday (I hope).I want to lake test this week. Hopefully before my baby is born next week . Then I am going to mount my new a/c unit in it, and install the windshield (that has been sitting in my shop since last sept.) and I am set. BTW, I don't think they ever made a P-31. I saw that one that is for sale in Parker about six years ago being towed by an Escalade. The 5 or 6 Trainer boats that Scarab used were all yellow with corresponding numers on them (i.e. 1-5)Here is a pic of the deck I can't find any others.Also that is a grip of cash for a 31'. No step, big power or not , these days he'll be sitting on that forever. Maybe 45k max. Sorry getting so far off the P-29 subject......MIKE
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the p29's and what power ?-31-school.jpg   Where are all the p29's and what power ?-p31-scarab.jpg  
Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
I would say that is one of the other three. It has the same paint job as mine.I know for a fact my boat is 100% factory origanial paint and was not used at a driving school. And yes they are kevlar layup.It came stock with hp500 carb motors and bravo1 drives . It would run out at 83 mph. Then the prochargers were added a set of harden headers and then the xr drives. It will now run out mid to high 90's depending on the day. still not sure how to post pics any help would be welcomed.
My Bad, I didn't see your post Jeff about you P-31. I thought yours and mine we both just custom , but maybe they were factory boats. I wish there was a better way to trace this stuff. I don't think that anybody cares at the factory. Mike
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUB i am still running the blackhawks . everybody tells me to switch to xr's but i like the bh's just to be different . i run them to 6000 rpm's and haven't had any problems but i only have about 30 hrs with these motors and 80 hrs with the old 500 horse 427 sb's. they can be tricky around the dock sometimes in tight areas . 31 p props .
Old 03-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

i'm pretty sure theres 2 more p29's on the chesapeake bay . 1 out of middleriver that i ran with one day late last season . i believe he told me he had 383's with 450 horse . he had a set of bravo 1's on it because he was waiting for the bh's to get back from getting redone . i heard theres one out of white crystal beach but i don't think i have seen it .
Old 03-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

BUB i am still running the blackhawks . everybody tells me to switch to xr's but i like the bh's just to be different . i run them to 6000 rpm's and haven't had any problems but i only have about 30 hrs with these motors and 80 hrs with the old 500 horse 427 sb's. they can be tricky around the dock sometimes in tight areas . 31 p props .
I have been thinking about a blackhawk for my 21 for some time now. Very hard to find at a good price.

I love the p-29's and looked at one 2 years ago but it was rotted to chit so i passed. I was ready to buy the one in GA untill i heard it sunk and sat for a week
Old 03-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Unfortunately the one in Georgia sold to some unsuspecting fool. Now they have a 38 AVS there.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Unfortunately the one in Georgia sold to some unsuspecting fool. Now they have a 38 AVS there.
if it wasn't for this site I would have been that fool.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Registered

someone should find out what # hull that boat is so it doesn't show up for sale somewhere else and nobody will know about it .
Old 03-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Registered

I have a P 29 hear in cali. BUT this 1 came from MD some where. I built a 555 blowen with a 871. 850 hp . I would like to find out more about it also.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:16 PM
mpp
Registered
Platinum Member

i'm pretty sure theres 2 more p29's on the chesapeake bay . 1 out of middleriver that i ran with one day late last season . i believe he told me he had 383's with 450 horse . he had a set of bravo 1's on it because he was waiting for the bh's to get back from getting redone . i heard theres one out of white crystal beach but i don't think i have seen it .
If anybody is looking for new Blackhawks , I have three new ones in the boxes 1.36 1.50 1.65 ratio .
mpp

Quick Reply: Where are all the p29's and what power ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.