Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Scarab SCS Project >

Scarab SCS Project

Notices

Scarab SCS Project

Old 04-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey PROSTREETER-- I remember racing around chatfield with you last summer, it was fun to race my own boat and to watch it in the water running down the lake. That 502 was just enough for you to beat my 454. You better put that procharger on this spring, cuz your going to need it when I drop a 598 in the American Offshore i am buying... See you out on the Lake this summer!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

That was you

Funny how we remember things a little different.My recolection of the race was you were well over a 1/2 mile behind me by the time I had to throttle down.That 502 mag is FAST!!All BS aside,where did your SCS end up going to? That was a nice,well kept boat.Looks like I'll have the only SCS in the state now.

OK,guess I'll need to schedule some time this month to put the supercharger on.See ya at the lake.BTW.....Welcome to OSO.

Last edited by Prostreeter; 04-04-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Colorado26AO
WOW, that has got to be the coolest SCS I have ever seen! I have owned one for the last 5 years and have loved every minute of it. I just sold mine today and will be buying a cat for the same reason that Oliver talked about with the Chine at 80. I ran a stock 454 at Havasu and was able to get mine to about 79. The hulls are definitely great for taking rough water, but there is only so much speed a 23 deep V can handle before it becomes a white knuckle express. I have raced and beat many a Baja in that boat just stock. If I were to have kept my boat, I would love to have done it up just like Olivers!
One thing that would be really cool is to add the blue steering wheel like what I have on mine... Here is the link...

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21954-en.html
Thanks man! Your boat looks awesome as well....great price too...looks clean...
Old 04-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dana marine products
For a boat of that caliber (speed wise and HP) the tabs should have been mounted parallel to the water line. With the tabs being mounted following the "V" your pulling too much drag and not fixing your problem.

Parallel to the water line would solve your chine walk an take away 60 percent of the tab contact with water at high speeds. I've never had a boat slow down with the tabs set up properly.

Boat looks great.
Very Nice boat !!

Hey Dana ....
Do you recoment your tabs mounted parallel to the waterline for ALL of us SCS guys? Do you have a picture of what position they shold e mounted on one that has never had tabs?

Hey Don .. Send me an email and tell me what happend on your boat sale..

Last edited by 502SCS; 04-05-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dana marine products
For a boat of that caliber (speed wise and HP) the tabs should have been mounted parallel to the water line. With the tabs being mounted following the "V" your pulling too much drag and not fixing your problem.

Parallel to the water line would solve your chine walk an take away 60 percent of the tab contact with water at high speeds. I've never had a boat slow down with the tabs set up properly.

Boat looks great.
Very Nice boat !!

Hey Dana ....
Do you recoment your tabs mounted parallel to the waterline for ALL of us SCS guys? Do you have a picture of what position they shold e mounted on one that has never had tabs?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

In performance boating there's no one answer to cover different installations.

The main thing to consider is, what do you want from your tabs? Are you just trying to run top end speed? or are you trying to pull your kids wakeboarding?

There's alot of variables to your specifications that would lead to the answer as to how to mount your tabs. You can give me a call if you want to go over it.

951-279-5005
Bob
Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Registered

Oliver,

Your boat is awesome and the reason why I went and bought my SCS last year!

Guys I've been looking at tabs and Dana say that you need to go with their HP series because the LT's aren't strong enough for speeds over 70mph. Nor are they all that in rough water- the main reason that I want them.

Oliver, why did you go for the long tabs over the shorter ones? That's a lot of tab in a 23 footer.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend

Oliver, why did you go for the long tabs over the shorter ones? That's a lot of tab in a 23 footer.
Tabs were on the boat when I bought it, they work great...
Old 04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered

Going to the St. Johns River Poker Run today!!
Should be big fun
http://orlando.metromix.com/events/b...372296/content
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Registered

Anyone looking to sell their scs?

Quick Reply: Scarab SCS Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.