Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cha-Ching
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Cha-Ching
50,000 starving comedians in the world and you're trying to be one!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

I think i'm going to have to put a tip jar on the push bar of my patrol vehicle to help raise the funds for optima's..............
Old 06-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottie150
Holy sh#t Batman- now you are scaring me! I am glad I only have twins- seriously though nice job. Do you really need 6 batteries or do you have a little overkill going on?
No overkill really, since I have 3 AMP and 16 speakers located around the boat. I came up with this setup after talking to the engineers at BlueSea. The beauty of my system is that I don't have to worry about the electricity on board. At any given time I can take a quick look at the meter and it will tell me how many hours I got left before the batteries are 50%. I have to admit I love the system...

Originally Posted by jaxx 30
All I can say about the 6 bat system is WOW! Were did you stash the 6 bats?
About the switches...............what I want to do is make the boat ready for salt water if thats what I want to do, so if cheaper switches can get it done I'm all for it. BUT in my experience working as a hyd. aviation mech in the navy and also working in the avionics shack I was never pleased with the switches with the rubber boots. The boots don't last long. I will let you know where I'm going with the dash when I get to it. Right now I gotta burn 250-300 $$$$ on batts.
Hey, we need you at Delta now that we are getting all these funky European airplanes from NWA... I placed the six batteries in the back after welding together some frames and a little glass work they are securily attached and easy to reach. For your switches as well as your dash, I suggest you contact Fred at Livorsi.com , they are very knowledgeable and very helful. They powdercoated my panels and laser engraved them as well. For your batteries, go to autozone and get the deep cycle blue tops - definately the most bang for the buck.

Cha-Ching
Not really, bought all my parts on E-Bay and got away pretty cheap compared to what it cost retail, not to mention installed.

I think i'm going to have to put a tip jar on the push bar of my patrol vehicle to help raise the funds for optima's..............
I tried that on my airplane, company didn't like it...

Here is a picture of the switch panel, yes, these three switches controls all batteries and all emergency paralell connections. Not very complex once you break the wiring down..

This is the panel that controls the electricity onboard (the black one all the way to the right):

Old 06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

Okay I got the water pumps in and fired up the boat (wet of course!). I ran both starboard and port and did not see any water comming out of the trannies. After further inspection, the tips of the lines that come out of the transom were corroded closed. So I took off the tips and went to fire up the starboard engine........and........nothing. No clicks, sounds, nothing.......from the starter. I have double checked all the wiring and grounds and everything looks the same. Any ideas? I'm thinking its in the starter-I once had one with a dead spot. Bad solinoid? Bad switch? What do you think guys?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

I had this happen to me a couple of years ago- first check the battery and all the cables, make sure you havn't lost your ground by corrosion, etc. On the big blocks there is a starter solenoid near the main wiring harness, make sure you check that before you assume the starter is bad. Hopefully your starter is easier to pull out than mine is- because I have to stand on my head and say a few choice words to make mine happen. Last but not least make sure you use the right GM starter bolts, or your starter will grind and you will have to do the job all over again.(don't ask me how I know that.)

Hope this helps- if you need some more help pm me-

Scott
Old 06-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered

How would I check the soleniod? I think my wiring setup us the same as yours with the solenoid over where the engine meets the trans.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure that tent is a must when it hits a 100 out were you live.
And I need something more over here....
Old 06-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Jaxx- Did you get it figured out?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't they put optimas in the patrol cars?

Quick Reply: My first offshore powerboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.