Monogram Scarab KV model kits >

Monogram Scarab KV model kits

Notices

Monogram Scarab KV model kits

Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Monogram Scarab KV model kits

From 86-88 Monogram models produced three Scarab KV model kits. The first was the "Miami Vice" kit released in 86. "Splash Dancer" and "Dazzlement" were released as spinoff kits until 88. If you were a fan of the boat, you probably had the kit. Let's see some pics posted of your builds.
Attached Thumbnails Monogram Scarab KV model kits-mvmodel7.jpg   Monogram Scarab KV model kits-mon3105.jpg   Monogram Scarab KV model kits-mon3106.jpg  

Last edited by scarab kv; 10-13-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

from the box art
Attached Thumbnails Monogram Scarab KV model kits-mvmodel6.jpg   Monogram Scarab KV model kits-mv-model-5.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was one on ebay yesterday, new in the box.. It was around $75 with a few hours left.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FASTTIMES
There was one on ebay yesterday, new in the box.. It was around $75 with a few hours left.
Closed for $77
Hope the buyer doesn't look at past auctions. Sealed kit sold for $46 on 10/6
Old 10-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

DAZZLEMENT is our boat and she's still running in Lake Michigan and in the Gulf of Mexico around Tampa. Monogram approached my husband when they saw DAZZLEMENT in Chicago and asked if they could make a model. We have saved a few models in boxes and have one assembled in a glass case. We'd be interested in knowing if anyone has any models out there. You can see pictures of her and the upgraded engines on our company website at www.atecoengines.com.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dazzlement
DAZZLEMENT is our boat and she's still running in Lake Michigan and in the Gulf of Mexico around Tampa. Monogram approached my husband when they saw DAZZLEMENT in Chicago and asked if they could make a model. We have saved a few models in boxes and have one assembled in a glass case. We'd be interested in knowing if anyone has any models out there. You can see pictures of her and the upgraded engines on our company website at www.atecoengines.com.
That's cool. Often wondered if Dazzlement and Splash Dancer really existed. Did Monogram ever mention where Splash Dancer was located. Your kit was the rarest of the three. I have three in the wrap and one opened kit. What year is your 377?

Post some pics and info about it in the Club Scarab thread.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...49#post2699649

If you have any video of it, there's a Scarab Video Club thread.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=194994

Wayne

Last edited by scarab kv; 10-15-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

The title says it's a 1980, but the entire boat has been upgraded. We took out all of the stringers and bulkheads and reinforced them a few years ago and rearranged the cabin a little. The upholstery has been redone twice and of course the engines are upgraded on a regular basis, since we're in the business. Right now we're running twin ATECO 555's, with 725hp each. We don't try to change the overall look, we just want to keep it fresh. We love that boat. Glad to hear that you have a model of it.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dazzlement
I have the kit of your boat, I bought all three over the past year--wish they would make one like my JETLAG! ha! ha! My ego would love that!!

Is your boat a 38KV? or 377? I could not find any pics of the boat?

Randy
Old 10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JetJock
I have the kit of your boat, I bought all three over the past year--wish they would make one like my JETLAG! ha! ha! My ego would love that!!

Is your boat a 38KV? or 377? I could not find any pics of the boat?

Randy
We can always kit bash the kit...not much I can do for your ego though. I think he might be hang'n with mine.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

It's a 377. I'll try to post some pictures on the Scarab Club thread,but I'm not very good at doing that.

Quick Reply: Monogram Scarab KV model kits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.