Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Scarab (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab-41/)
-   -   Sacarb Meteor 5000 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/scarab/212015-sacarb-meteor-5000-a.html)

Michael Garibay 07-02-2009 12:50 PM

Congrats on the boat. Like said before a little big for me ( I struggle sometimes with my 38') but Meteors are awesome and yours looks to be the nicest one i've seen. The only thing that I think would make a boat like that better would be big twin diesels. But that drives the price way up. But probably would bring maintenence down if run frequently though. Do you tow it? Also the post title says "Sacarb" Meteor, so make sure you didn't get a fake. Mike

rushjunky 07-02-2009 03:45 PM

No - it's not a fake! Not sure of the exact timeframe, but Wellcraft and Scarab were the same company at one point. You can search on Scarab Meteor and Wellcraft Meteor with the same result - though you can find some people calling their boats one name and some the other.

Hardest thing so far is low speed dock maneuvers. The marina is really tight! I am going to need to get a lot better especially if the wind starts blowing.

At any rate, it is a big, honkin fast boat!

nova26 07-02-2009 07:45 PM

You get a chance post some pics of the inside...

Michael Garibay 07-03-2009 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by rushjunky (Post 2901977)
No - it's not a fake! Not sure of the exact timeframe, but Wellcraft and Scarab were the same company at one point. You can search on Scarab Meteor and Wellcraft Meteor with the same result - though you can find some people calling their boats one name and some the other.

Hardest thing so far is low speed dock maneuvers. The marina is really tight! I am going to need to get a lot better especially if the wind starts blowing.

At any rate, it is a big, honkin fast boat!

Is it possible to install a bow thruster?

TxHawk 07-13-2009 09:20 PM

I acutally had 2 of the HP425's that came out of that boat before it was rebuilt. It had red hull sides before the rebuild.

JetJock 07-14-2009 06:05 AM

Nice Boat!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

rushjunky 07-14-2009 07:00 AM

Hp425

>I acutally had 2 of the HP425's that came out of that boat before it >was rebuilt. It had red hull sides before the rebuild.

Interesting. You know Dan? I have a few pictures of before the boat was redone. Not much information on Meteors available. Guess not that many were built. I found the boat was also named Extracurricular II and Bandit in previous lives. I will stick with Triple Threat - it is embroidered into the seats and painted across the sides so the name works for me.

Anyone know the history of this boat or the Wellcraft/Scarab Meteor 5000's?

I will get some more pictures. I am planning on doing some cleaning and maintenance this weekend if I can remember.

TxHawk 07-14-2009 08:24 AM

I know Dan from Texoma. I had a dock condo across from this boat when it was on the lift.

rushjunky 07-27-2009 08:52 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JetJock (Post 2909543)
Nice Boat!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

Here are some more pictures- enjoy!

Hope to get out this weekend after I get some things fixed.

Mabes 07-27-2009 09:00 AM

i know the history of that 50 real good i rerig that boat years ago for dan im happy that it looks that good good luck with it