Scarab school boat price>? >

Scarab school boat price>?

Notices

Scarab school boat price>?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scarab school boat price>?

What would a fair price be for one of the old kevlar school boats? There is one that has been for sell for a couple years and the price is finally getting more realistic. I wanted it a couple years ago but the owner still wanted it more than I did so I let him keep it...Now a friend and I were brainstorming about picking it up and parting it out to make it our winter project....The trailer is garbage and the stock 502's are procharged so not sure what condition the engines and drives are in....But my guess is it needs some work.

Brand new(from the school)in '97 Pier 45 Marine sold them for around $70k(back then the engines all had around 200 from what I was told). Avg retail for a 31' Thunder with 502's is around $40k now. It seems that being a 14 year old school boat with a 6 man bolster would drop the price down but how much? We are just thinking out loud before we pursue the venture but I told him to refurbish everything brand new will be at least $60k+ off the top of my head.

Last edited by 105mph_38_2003; 07-26-2009 at 02:46 PM.