Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
what brand instruments in 1990 wellcraft? >

what brand instruments in 1990 wellcraft?

Notices

what brand instruments in 1990 wellcraft?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what brand instruments in 1990 wellcraft?

Sorry to be really dense here, as I suspect the answer is something extremely common, but can anyone ID the brand / make of these gauges in a 1990 wellcraft nova -- I know I've seen this "A" logo many times before, but I can't find it now (I'm ready to slap myself in the forehead when someone calls it out.)

(P.S. and I know I should just replace all gauges and toss everything old, but I'm toying with the idea of just replacing select gauges and am curious if exact matches are still available.)
Old 09-29-2009, 03:50 AM
Registered

My 1996 Scarab had Faria instruments with Wellcraft logos.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 AM
Registered

I don't think these are Faria - I might replace them with Faria though (only bump is that I'm not sure the mounting posts will align with the wellcraft aluminum U brackets so I might have to fabricate those too which would be a bit of a pain - the gauges on my nova are flush mount behind a curved metal dash.)

Since the "A" isn't a wellcraft logo it must be the gauge brand logo - I think I've seen it before, but I just can't place it now.

Also trying to decide if flush mounting new gauges with slightly domed lenses under the slightly curved metal dash would look neat or really really really bad.