Scarab 26' Vents >

Scarab 26' Vents

Notices

Scarab 26' Vents

Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jljakyl
If anyone is looking for vents for a 26' scarab I have molds of the rear vents, front vents, & the dash panel. I had molds made because they r so hard to find after losing one.
Can I get a picture of the dash, I have a 26 CV with hairline cracks around some of the gauges. [email protected]
Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Registered

Finally done!

Finally got the boat done after some extensive engine repairs to the 502, and the vent covers are done, sanded, and painted and in place

Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Registered

bump! need some rear vents
Old 08-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

Scarab502 - Got jljakyl's details, can bump there if you get no reply. (PM me)

Very pleased to get front and rear vent covers from him, good grp, thin(ish) gelcoat, difficult to color-match, but 100 times better than trying to make them yourself!

Going to ask for dash panel to be made in the next motnh or two, modifying it to fit Garmin E7 and 2x Garmin digital multi gauges + stereo head etc. Will make mould from the base (flat panel with larger protrusion/shade at the top, to fit Scarab 26 standard dash's edges and dimensions, but with no instrument/indicator preference, just flat, where possible)

I had very little time, so I didn't make moulds of any of the vent covers I got, so can't help you myself, sorry..
Let me know if you need a bump :-)
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered

Hi ,
I'm a newby as of today. We lost a left side fresh air vent last weekend coming home from the lake of the ozarks shootout.
Could you please send me a picture of the vent you talked about ? I know there are different kinds of vents, so it would help me see if this is just like the one we lost.
We have a 1997 scarab 26'. I would really appreciate it if you could email me or post a picture.

Thank you,
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Registered

Hi
I'm looking for the left rear fresh air vent.
We have a 1997 scarab 26.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered

Please send me a picture of the rear vent.
[email protected]

Thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

For your next project you need to line up the vents for everything from the 26 to the 43 and make moulds of them and start selling them --------there is a big demand for the parts!!!!
The plain and simple fact of the matter is that it now has become a lot cheaper to rebuild than pay the staggering price for a new boat ! My thinking has turned around 180 degrees on this matter even after all the new boats that I have had over the years.
This thinking is not for everyone and I am probably going to take some heat for this..... Fiberglass boats do not wear out ,they just get old ----- but they can be brought back from the dead if you try hard enough. Not long ago I gave some thought of buying the old Copper Kettle from a doctor in Canada and dragging it back here to Vermilion and fix it with a new set of engines but gave up after I figured out how much it was going to cost..If I did not have my 38 AVS maybe I would have gone ahead with the project.
But someone as a starter boat or a second boat probably would do very well with a rebuild.Anyway just rambling along........

Jim:
Old 09-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

Hi,
Did you ever get a reply about those vents that jljakyl talked about? If so, I would like to purchase a left side air vent for my 1997 sarab 26

Thanks,
My e-mail is [email protected]
Old 09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Registered

Hello, does anyone use this site anymore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.