DOes anybody have a 38' Scarab with factory installed A/C

Notices

DOes anybody have a 38' Scarab with factory installed A/C

Old 08-11-2010, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts
Default DOes anybody have a 38' Scarab with factory installed A/C

I want to add A/C to my boat and was wondering where does the factory mount the compressor and the evaporator. Also does anybody know what is below the salon couches? Are they filled with foam? If not I could cut a couple access panels into the top of them to be able to run the air distribution ducts thru that part of the boat.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

My '99 has factory installed A/C. There is a little compartment underneath the v-berth where everything is mounted. I think its 7K BTU and it will freeze you out if you're not careful.

As for the benches, mine is a stepped-hull and from what I've been told, there isn't much room underneath of them anyway. On a flat-bottom like yours, I'd think you'd have more room. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have factory A/C on my '98. It i located under the V-berth ( i upgraded from a 7k to 10k BTU) but I go to Havasu and it still struggles with 112 deg summers. water pump is in engine compartment and water dump is on port side of hull next to sink dump.