P-29 BH vs B1

Notices

P-29 BH vs B1

Old 09-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-29 BH vs B1

Dear friends.
I guess I've read all U got here regarding SCARAB P-29.
Still can not figuer-out: can one exchange BalckHawck's into Bravo1 in his extraordinary vessel.

I might buy one here after base revitalisation....Anyway sould I obtacle about Blackhawcks behind?
In my opinion some Wise's spend some time to invent this confiduration - thus changing them into Bravos is just wrong....

Anyway, has anyone idea what's all about?
BTW I tried to call Larry Smith and send him some e-mails but no respond so I suppose we can't get this info at the sourse...

Best regards
RaV

Last edited by starck; 09-30-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bravo ones will bolt directly to the gimbal that the blackhawks use with no problem. Are you having problems with the BH?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Registered

No problem....because there are not any drives there.

Boat was imported with no drives. Anyway I learnt BH are just shorter and this must give result. I believe in designer genious and wouldn't dare to invent some "better ways"

I have possibility to equip her with BH but also know it is quite rare with spare parts and knoledge. I'm just worried to buy me a toy and while first tech problem comes will be standing 3 months or more.... Here in EU we got 1% of USA offer, specially BlackHawks.

Thus, please tell me if not better to screw Bravos anyway?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by starck
No problem....because there are not any drives there.

Boat was imported with no drives. Anyway I learnt BH are just shorter and this must give result. I believe in designer genious and wouldn't dare to invent some "better ways"

I have possibility to equip her with BH but also know it is quite rare with spare parts and knoledge. I'm just worried to buy me a toy and while first tech problem comes will be standing 3 months or more.... Here in EU we got 1% of USA offer, specially BlackHawks.

Thus, please tell me if not better to screw Bravos anyway?
I can tell you this, the boat will not run as well with Bravos as it did with Blackhawks. If you decide to use Bravos investigate some shorties at least.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Thanks Scarabman.
I admit- her hydrodynamic must go along with BH characteristic. I just saw P-29 with Bravos and wonder what has changed.

By the way: is really a problem with getting repair kits for BlackHawks in USA?
I live in PL but If You, guys, would have dylema to put original BH or Bravos - what You do? Are there any laks in BH spares?

And first of all are they reriable more or less comparing to ordinary Bravos.

regards
RaV
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

hello starck,
I live in Germany and I have two blackhawk with props there. For questions email me at times ([email protected]).The Blackhawk is a test on my boot possible.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by starck
Thanks Scarabman.
I admit- her hydrodynamic must go along with BH characteristic. I just saw P-29 with Bravos and wonder what has changed.

By the way: is really a problem with getting repair kits for BlackHawks in USA?
I live in PL but If You, guys, would have dylema to put original BH or Bravos - what You do? Are there any laks in BH spares?

And first of all are they reriable more or less comparing to ordinary Bravos.

regards
RaV
The Blackhawks for the most part were a stronger drive than the Bravos. The weakest link seemed to be the casing itself. If that goes, obviously there are only a limited amount left to be had. Some of the internals were/are shared with the Bravo drives. Occasionally BH drives still come up for sale here and there. It wasnt to long ago I saw (2) advertised for sale as "brand new, still in crate". I believe they were in Canada. Buying a boat with discontinued hardware can always create certain dilemas, that being said, a P-29 is not a P-29 if it doesnt have Blackhawks.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Registered

Here is the point! I believe in oryginal and pure ideas.
Have You met any P-29 that was converted into Bravos drives and works with no problems - I mean smooth driving and dynamicks?
What is that I see here is just Scarab hull. To equipp it, as sould, in BH I got to find them in USA what is not just make a phone....
This CA source was old or...? Do You have some treads?
BR RaV
Old 11-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool FYI Guys, There's A Few BlackHawk Drives For Sale Right Now In The Swap-Shop forums.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...rive-sale.html