Notices

1985 Scarab 1 - Build Thread - Australia

Old 10-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1985 Scarab 1 - Build Thread - Australia

Hey Guys,

I recently joined the forum.

I bought a Scarab 1 from the USA and am currently importing it to Australia.

The boat has from what I am told:
- SMI Exhaust
- Morosso Cam Covers
- Alpha 1 Stern Drive
- 350 Merc Engine

Other then that it all looks very original.

Just going through the throws of getting an approval for the trailer then it will be sent to Baltimore to be loaded for the 30 day trip to Australia.

Anyway I look forward to posting up some images soon and collecting some goodies for it.

Does anyone know where I could find a user manual for it?

Cheers,

Robb
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wellcraft info

If you need info : Go to : WWW.wellcraft.com and go to the bottom of the page and locate "owners " click on that and you should find your boat listed there. You must be very specific about your boat...... You should find all the info you need there. If you need any other info e-mail me.
Good luck .......

Jim

Just checked the web site and your boat is listed there..........Good day mate!

Last edited by cigboat1; 10-31-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Registered

Cheers Robb,

I did the same thing with my 34 Scarab back in late '04, landing it in Sydney, early '05. Went through Baltimore also...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigboat1
If you need info : Go to : WWW.wellcraft.com and go to the bottom of the page and locate "owners " click on that and you should find your boat listed there. You must be very specific about your boat...... You should find all the info you need there. If you need any other info e-mail me.
Good luck .......

Jim

Just checked the web site and your boat is listed there..........Good day mate!
Thanks heaps Jim!

Originally Posted by jez350
Cheers Robb,

I did the same thing with my 34 Scarab back in late '04, landing it in Sydney, early '05. Went through Baltimore also...
Hey Jez, I would love to get a bigger one next time around! Do you still have yours? Cheers
Old 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Registered

Yeah still got it. I don't have the time to spend on it these days & it sits on the trailer looking sorry for itself...
Old 12-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Registered

Hello Robb,
I'm new here as well. I have a pair of scarab I's ones a 1985 21' IO and the other is a 1987 21' IO. I don't plan on doing anything past stock as 50 is fine for the small lake we will be using them on here in Ma.
I just pulled the upholstery out and having it redone.(factory colors)
I bought the 85 last year and the little woman went crazy over it so I just picked up the 87 for short money with this being the off season.
I hope you love yours as much as I love mine
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jez350
Yeah still got it. I don't have the time to spend on it these days & it sits on the trailer looking sorry for itself...
Ahhh mate, thats no good at all! If you ever decide you want to part with it let me know... I would be very keen to check it out!

Originally Posted by bill120mph
Hello Robb,
I'm new here as well. I have a pair of scarab I's ones a 1985 21' IO and the other is a 1987 21' IO. I don't plan on doing anything past stock as 50 is fine for the small lake we will be using them on here in Ma.
I just pulled the upholstery out and having it redone.(factory colors)
I bought the 85 last year and the little woman went crazy over it so I just picked up the 87 for short money with this being the off season.
I hope you love yours as much as I love mine
Hey Bill! Sounds like you do really love them too! Mine should land here in OZ in about 3 weeks!

I really need some help though, I need to find a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin to give to the local port office when it gets here... Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Robbie
Old 01-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Robbdogg
Ahhh mate, thats no good at all! If you ever decide you want to part with it let me know... I would be very keen to check it out!

Hey Bill! Sounds like you do really love them too! Mine should land here in OZ in about 3 weeks!

I really need some help though, I need to find a Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin to give to the local port office when it gets here... Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Robbie
wouldn't that be on the title?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

Hey Robbdogg you picked her up yet? I remember when I picked mine up at the dock back in '05. I was like a kid on Xmas day. Enjoy. Make sure you get a tow vehicle with decent brakes. The trailer your boat comes out on will very likely have a different system to your vehicle. So when you have to take her to customs for quarantine inspection, it'll be a whiteknuckle ride!! It was sure hairy for me towing a 37' trailer down the narrow streets of Sydney city to Botany with nothing but my dually to stop her. Wild stuff!! enjoy..

Jez
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Registered

Hey Jez, It finally arrived about 2 weeks ago... There are a few pics up on my FB here: Gallery

How is yours going? I should be able to get mine finally running this afternoon when we drop the carby back on.

Have to meet up some time soon?

Ill leave mine in the water for another 2 weeks then I'll pull it back out for paint and trim!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.