Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
1986 Miami vice  38   $6,200 on craigslist >

1986 Miami vice 38 $6,200 on craigslist

Notices

1986 Miami vice 38 $6,200 on craigslist

Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've still got his contact info. I left him a voicemail this morning to find out if the boat is still for sale, and if he is OK with me posting it here.

The wife and I discussed this boat at great length over the weekend, and decided it would be just too big of a project for us to take on right now. As soon as I hear back from the owner, I will update this thread with the status of the boat, and the contact info of the owner.

I do hope, whoever buys this boat, restores it back to the condition it deserves to be kept in. I wish it could be me, but just not feasible for us.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by depthcharge
Just about hit the water this year finally then i decided 550hp just isn't enough so i just posted the engines for sale today found some 750hp Naturally aspirated 615's
Not sure if you need them or not, but i have tailpipes for those manifolds you have on your engines.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered

I have just heard back from the owner that this Scarab has been sold.

Cliff
Old 01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 1987 38KV Scarab Miami Vice Edition

I may part with my Vice 38 KV Scarab. It has updated 500EFI Merc Racing engines, Bravo's 28 Props, super clean, inside and out. low time on the engines (under 200 hours) with a 1999 Myco Trailer.

PM me if you are serious, as I need to free up some cash for a business venture---really dont want to part with the KV but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do....

Last edited by JetJock; 01-10-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Kant spill 4 sheet
Old 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Not sure if you need them or not, but i have tailpipes for those manifolds you have on your engines.
No, But thanks anyway. Those engines are for sale.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JetJock
I may part with my Vice 38 KV Scarab. It has updated 500EFI Merc Racing engines, Bravo's 28 Props, super clean, inside and out. low time on the engines (under 200 hours) with a 1999 Myco Trailer.

PM me if you are serious, as I need to free up some cash for a business venture---really dont want to part with the KV but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do....
wtf; you didn't just say that!
Old 06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Hey everyone. I was doing extensive research on the 38KV's and came across this thread. I am the one who brought the boat that is in complete disarray. I just had to get my hands on one b/c like you all I am a big fan of the 38KV's. I will hopefully begin restoring the boat next year and will document. Any tips anyone can offer? So far I think everything is original. The motors are 454 with 440HP 7.4L. Thats easy I can get those rebuilt, I like the old style carb engines with the air filter on top. The sterndrives might be TRS I believe and that is a problem and may have to be upgraded. I found one place in MI that may possibly be willing to rebuild them but not sure if I want to go that route yet. I got to get a professional to check out the transom and stringers. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope they are o.k. or need minor repair. Upholstery is in bad condition and lastly paint. Any advise I will welcome.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by liscarab
Hey everyone. I was doing extensive research on the 38KV's and came across this thread. I am the one who brought the boat that is in complete disarray. I just had to get my hands on one b/c like you all I am a big fan of the 38KV's. I will hopefully begin restoring the boat next year and will document. Any tips anyone can offer? So far I think everything is original. The motors are 454 with 440HP 7.4L. Thats easy I can get those rebuilt, I like the old style carb engines with the air filter on top. The sterndrives might be TRS I believe and that is a problem and may have to be upgraded. I found one place in MI that may possibly be willing to rebuild them but not sure if I want to go that route yet. I got to get a professional to check out the transom and stringers. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope they are o.k. or need minor repair. Upholstery is in bad condition and lastly paint. Any advise I will welcome.
Welcome to OSO!

You have your work cut out for you, that's for sure.

I would suggest you start a new thread in the Scarab or Q&A section with you specific questions and details on the boat.

Take lots of pics and share the progress, restoration threads are fun to follow.

Good luck!
Old 06-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by liscarab

Congrats and welcome the the 38KV Vice club! Drop me your email--I have a 38KV and would be happy to send pics, etc....I keep a list of other owners so I can get you in touch with them if you need anything.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,210 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by depthcharge
Just about hit the water this year finally then i decided 550hp just isn't enough so i just posted the engines for sale today found some 750hp Naturally aspirated 615's
So that is what happened to Double Vision. Really like the upgrade! That pic on the water looks like it is from Hardy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.