Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
Anyon know this Scarab "PSYCHO"?? >

Anyon know this Scarab "PSYCHO"??

Notices

Anyon know this Scarab "PSYCHO"??

Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know this Scarab "PSYCHO"??

Found this site by referral from a buddy who said "best site with the best people" for info on big powerboats. So, with my first post I need help. Looking at this boat and want to know if anyone has any info. It is a distance from me and don't want to waste too much time. Any help is very much appreciated, and please be brutally honest as I don't have soft feelings!

Said to have fresh power and trannies, upholstery is recent.
Has "PSYCHO" on side? Here is a pic (maybe)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by LoneStarRick; 02-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarRick
Found this site by referral from a buddy who said "best site with the best people" for info on big powerboats. So, with my first post I need help. Looking at this boat and want to know if anyone has any info. It is a distance from me and don't want to waste too much time. Any help is very much appreciated, and please be brutally honest as I don't have soft feelings!

Said to have fresh power and trannies, upholstery is recent.
Has "PSYCHO" on side? Here is a pic (maybe)

Thanks in advance!
I was friends with Eugene Tataryn (R.I.P.) a previous owner who was an engineer at Dale Earnhardt industries, he used to run it here on Lake St.Clair in Michigan, last time I saw the boat was in the mid 90's and it was in pretty nice condition and hauled a$$ with built 454's with custom exhaust that Gene fabricated.

If you like I can put you in touch with Gene's brother who could provide you with better details.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was on craigslist for a while and it was looking pretty rough. I would ask for recent pics of any imperfections to keep you from wasting your time.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply, just by pictures I know it has stock looking mercruiser exhaust. nothing special except for some nice tips. Most likely not the same power. I am hoping someone who has knowledge of the last couple years or so to reply. I do appreciate your reply and will keep it in mind if I get a deal done.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

I also saw it on either craigslist or ebay. I don't remember much about the pics or condition, but I do remember it was not a great deal.
Sorry, I know that doesn't help much.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered

Seller has had it listed on Ebay and craigslist several times over the past few months here in Dallas area. I have spoke to him and was about to go look at it and decided against it. He stated he has owned for 2 or so years but still has P.O. on the title and MC Hull numbers never titled in Texas. After reading an earlier post I believe it was bought by someone for the powerplants, exhausts and other parts. They pulled evrything out they wanted and threw in some stock(ish) bbc and sold it to the current owner (just a hunch, no solid evidence). New owner has had it at the shop or laid up for repair most of his ownership of it. He couldn't say or didn't have too much knowledge of the boat. All in all I think I will pass on it and find something of later (mid to late 90's).

This scarab is on Dallas craigslist for $8500 if anyone may be interested. ++++I donot know or have any relationship to the owner++++ Just letting anyone else know about it since I have passed on it. I am not bashing or saying the boat isn't good or bad as I have not actually seen it in person. Just not right for me.
I have his number if anyone wants it.

Thanks to the guys who posted the input, it did help.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

I know this post is old but I was at the shop where this boat was at last year and it was looking pretty rough.