Getting maximum speed from your Scarab Sport >

Getting maximum speed from your Scarab Sport

Notices

Getting maximum speed from your Scarab Sport

Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
Chances are during your sea trial the boat was empty, you have probably added a bunch of weight with gear and stuff for the family since then
That most likely where your speed went.
Good point. But I haven't loaded the boat with anything more than a couple of amps, speakers and subwoofers. Even when I'm almost out of fuel, I can't get close.

The only difference from the date of purchase is that it was about 45 degrees outside. But that can't really have a 10 MPH effect, can it?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
The only difference from the date of purchase is that it was about 45 degrees outside. But that can't really have a 10 MPH effect, can it?
Excuse my ignorance but is it a 2 stroke? If so I could believe it. I know it is a little different, but my snowmobile runs like a Scalded Dog when there is a -30*F difference. S#it I'd have to rejet or calibrate or I would burn down. 2 strokes are a different animal.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Registered

Hi Rookie,

They are 2-stroke.

My mechanic went over and checked the boat yesterday before I leave for a long weekend trip on the boat. He changed the plugs, which had lots of carbon and check some other items. On sea trial, he got it up to 61. Boat has 3/4 fuel in it, maybe 150 gallons.

Told me to put the tabs down alot, lay the throttles down, trim it way up, then start backing off the tabs until just before it begins to porpoise.

After my trip, I'm taking it in for the 100 hour service: new water pumps, the works.

When I get it back, I'll see if it gives me more.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What props are you running?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

Not sure. Will check next time I am at the boat. It's kept on a lift behind a relative's house.