Asking price for an 84? >

Asking price for an 84?

Notices

Asking price for an 84?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asking price for an 84?

Hey all - I'm looking to sell my boat. Its an 84 Scarab 1 21' with a 260hp V8. The boat is clean, Just had the rubrail down painted this year because of oxidation and scratches from the dock at the marina. Color is Black and Grey with a Grey, black, and blue interior. The interior is good with some cracks in the front seats, windsheild is cracked. Runs beautiful with around 325 hours total on the boat. I knew the original owner and it was never used. Hull is solid, put a full teak swimplatform on the back with blue underwater leds mounted to it. I have a pioneer stereo with all marine speakers and a sony amp mounted in the front. New carpet (snapdown) with led blue interior lighting. The trailer is a fully welded dual axle trailer. I just put $1300 into it. All new wheels, tires, crank, paint, tongue, rollers, bunks.. All led lights, looks beauiful going down the road. Only issue with the trailer is the one brake leaks fluid. I just havn't gotten around to changing it. A customer at the marina is selling a beauiful crownline with a bb 454 and captains choice I would love to get my hands on. Other than that deal popping up, I have absolutely Loved this scarab.. And still do. Many people are sad to see me sell it. I just hope I have as good luck with the crownline as I have with the scarab.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

We need pics sir...lol. I'll shoot from the hip and say $5-7K. Thats prolly not what you wanted to hear...but the economy sucks, fuel is expensive, and its an '84. Good luck, and I hope you get the Crownline.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm sure you don't want to hear this but a friend of mine picked up an early 80's 22 scarab 350/alpha that need interior work for 4k a year or so ago the alpha was brand new...merc not after market crap
Old 06-13-2011, 12:21 AM
Registered

5-7 is what I expected. Actually 7 being a little high. When I get a chance to pick up it, it was being stored at my cousins while I was away, Ill grab some pics of it and post them. I was hoping for 5500. Someone on the lake bought the identical boat by chapparal, just not quite as nice, for 5800. His needed some interior work, had no sun pad, but did have new guages.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 AM
Registered

I'm glad your being realistic about the price sir. You cant imagine the guys who come on this site thinking they have a squillion dollar boat...and get pissed when these guys tell them what its really worth. They are usually dead on with the estimates given. I'm really hoping you can swing the Crownline. Sounds like you deserve it.

Oh..and if you need help posting the pics (you gotta be a paid member to post pics..which is worth it) let me know. I'll put em up for ya.

Last edited by tinman565; 06-13-2011 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Registered

I hope so too. The last boat I was going to buy a few weeks ago was bought out from under me by some one else i knew. It was a 94 24' Open Bow Mariah with a bb 454 and low hours. Now that this Crownline came about, I'd be much happier with it. I would have missed having a cabin.. and that great sound of a v8! I appreciate your help though! If you know anyone looking for a nice wellcraft, Ill get pics up soon. Knew the orignal owner and besides the few times its gone down the shore or up to lake george, its never left the lake here.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

I finally got around to posting it on ebay. Theres pics up of the boat. Please let me know if thats a good asking price! Thanks! Scarab
Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Registered

I honestly think your about $1500 too high. But...you never know !!! Good luck sir.

(Did you get the Crown Line ?)
Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

I have to sell the two boats I have in order to pick up the Crownline. I started high just to see what kind of response i got. I'd really like to get around 6 for the Scarab.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Registered

Maybe give the Crown guy a down payment to hold it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.