Sea Strainers >

Sea Strainers

Notices

Sea Strainers

Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Strainers

I need some advice from all you technical minded guys - I am having the mechanic shop install a new set of split system coolers at the same time I am refreshing my engines and I do not have sea strainers (this 38ft Scarab was a lake design boat taken to salt water at some point during its life - I am trying to retro fit the system for salt water)

I am hoping you guys can advise what the best strainers are. I had some input a few months back from here on this forum and cannot find my info. Any advise you guys can pass along I would appreciate very much.

Last edited by siamjimi; 09-28-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Wrong text
Old 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Perko Sea Strainers are what you want if you can get them to fit !!If not go to WWW.Eddiemarine.com page 117..
Very difficult to fit the strainers after the fact -----very little room...

Jim

WWW.Perko.com Part #0493

Last edited by cigboat1; 09-29-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Perko Sea Strainers are what you want if you can get them to fit !!If not go to WWW.Eddiemarine.com page 117..
Very difficult to fit the strainers after the fact -----very little room...

Jim

WWW.Perko.com Part #0493
Hello Jim - thanks for that - you have given me some good advice before - I was delayed almost 12 months with this project due to a crak smokin mechanic and had to haul my boat out his shop and now beginning the work again.

I got a lot a questions I do not have answers to right now - one most difficult being the boat is ready in 6 or 7 weeks and I do not know where to launch her.

I posted about lake waters for Conroe and Lake Livingston TX but the reports are not good.

Seems I may have to go to the coast with boat when the mechanic finally finishes my boat. This is gonna cause a lot of strain logistically just to put some hours on the boat and trial all the systems

This boat sat up for some time before I bought it - due to the guy had jumped it out of the water without an RPM limiter and blew one engine and rattled the other.

The mechanic has both engines ready to be set back in now. - I wanted to tinker with the boat at a calm lake and putt around not far from the marina for a while until i know the systems are working.

I kinda see trouble ahead trying to mess around far from home at the coast. If it rains for 4 weeks straight maybe i will have a chance at Lake Conroe Tx - lol
Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

If your going to Conroe Tx, contact Jetjock on this web site. I think he lives there and might be able to help you out in case you run into trouble with anything ..His name is Randy.He owns a Miami Vice 38 Scarab..

Jim