31ft scarab questions... >

31ft scarab questions...

Notices

31ft scarab questions...

Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 31ft scarab questions...

hey guys, I'm looking to buy a 31ft scarab, later 90's (before the 33AVS came out) and I have some questions....

Can these handle the rough water?...I currently have (and will be putting up for sale) a 1980 Scarab 377 that has had the interior and cockpit redone (will be selling for 15k fyi)... I never took it offshore anyway so I am going to go with something a little bit smaller and newer....

What is the difference in the 33AVS and 31's right before them besides the intergrated swim platform and the stepped hull? The price for the 33 goes up A LOT and just wanted to see what the justification was...

Is there a big difference in noticable space between the 31 and the 377??
Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Dont know between the 377 and 31, but between the 31 and 33 AVS other than the 2 items you mentioned, they are virtually the same boat. A 31 will not handle rough like a 377 but I have never heard anyone complain about their capabilities and I imagine are similar to the 33. As for the 33 itself, they I can say with certainty, handle rough water from all directions very well.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

I have a 31' Thunder and can attest to them doing very well in rough water. I spent alot of time running around the Chesapeak Bay and never ran into anything that kept me off the water... mine is also for sale, BTW.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Run_em_hard
I have a 31' Thunder and can attest to them doing very well in rough water. I spent alot of time running around the Chesapeak Bay and never ran into anything that kept me off the water... mine is also for sale, BTW.
details on boat for sale? or link to ad?