tact sync gauge >

tact sync gauge

Notices

tact sync gauge

Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tact sync gauge

Question for all of you much more experienced guys- I have a Scarab Excel 34 with twin 454s, my first boat with twins. It has a sync gauge for the tacts located between them. I have noticed that if the sync gauge reads '0' or synced the individual tacts are 200 RPMs different. - Should I be syncing the individual tacts, or the sync tact? PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE OUT!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Could be a number of things ------ usually the tachs are miss reading the right RPM...Have the tachs sent in for repairs at the end of the season if they are Autometers .... If they are not Autometers throw them in the can and buy NEW ONES...Auto meter Marine gauges.
Sync gauges are kind of a thing of the past and are not used much any more, the only good ones were Judsons and Guest made a good one, but they have gone by the way side... Forget trying to get the sync gauge repaired ----You might try to keep the sync hooked up after you get the tachs working properly but don't chance it -you might screw the new tachs up ...Good luck

Jim
Old 07-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jim!