Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
was there a p-31 scarab? >

was there a p-31 scarab?

Notices

was there a p-31 scarab?

Old 08-14-2002, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an issue of powerboat mag with some info on the driving school and the 4 boats. That was about 3 years ago or so... I will try to find it and post any information of interest.

Bulldog
Old 08-23-2002, 10:24 PM
jb
Registered

p-31 on Traderonline
Old 09-03-2002, 03:47 PM
Scarab P-29

jb what did you think of that p-31? Verry different havent found any info on it(original power or production) Its a repo with super charged engines minus one drive. I'm in Michigan boats in Cal. Would like to put an offer in what do you think? Didnt you just sell a 31?

Old 09-03-2002, 04:11 PM
jb
Registered

I did just sell a 31, probably would not have if the wife did not want a bigger cabin(baby reasons). I do think it is an excellant cabin for the size and type boat.
I never called on that "p-31" (I am still not sold that its not just a knock on thep-29) I wonder whay they will take.
I would buy another 31 in a second. I liked how it rode and handled bigger water. Even with the 454 mags I was happy with the performance. I never really beat on it so I cant say how it was in real big water as far top speed handling over an extended time. It did launch straight and land true.
It was solid, even with the windshield. No rattles besides the cabin door on its track. If we were not looking for a 38 scarab amongst others that size, I would get another 31 with 500's in a flash.
It was comfortable for passengers. Everyone had a grab handle and felsecurely deep in the boat. Plenty of storage. and those graphics!!!
Man I miss it!