any 377 or 38's >

any 377 or 38's

Notices

any 377 or 38's

Old 09-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dave,

Nothing wrong with a 94 Thunder at all. Will be very interested to see what you end up doing with it.

I do agree about the 88/89 Trim, picked up a nice one owner all original 89 Excel 28 and it has started to grow on me. Will probably keep it because it is a nice size for the areas of the Gulf down here that I frequent.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 09-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 315duramax
i have a cool idea for a staggared mid- late 80's 377 or 38 kv. ive seen stag 377, but only late 70's style and too old, but havent seen stag 38... not sure if they were made. i dont want to stagger it myself because im only going to do this boat for another one to put my shop on the map for the people who still dont believe. so i will only look to break even because its a pretty crazy idea for a poker runner.. but the question is, does anyone know of any project 377 or 38 out there... i saw the PBC one, but thats not stag, just wondering if there are any others out there.
i know wherer their are 2 of them,,both trailer queens one is a 38' side by side trs boat thats a kaama edition and the other is a 377 staggared set up trs boat and beed sitting a long time..
Old 09-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
yeah i picked up a 94 Thunder last winter. Nice clean one owner boat got it without power and just needs a transom so i am still thinking stagger . . . . heck i am still considering tossing my Arnesons on it lol. I really like that one you listed above, the 88 and 89 trim and cabin are what i like. Mine is all bristol white vinyl inside, its nice but i like the old school dark colors like that one. I'm also gonna hafta figure out how to convert my windshield thingie to one like that.

The only shot i think to stagger is going to be using the lowest possible intake system (Mag EFI or 500EFI) and get the front motor down below the rear seat. Its gonna be complex and require much glasswork. If i can get the front motor low enough and re work the tank and seat bulkhead i will put that motor on a rail system so that it can be slid up into place under the seat (yeah . . . i know . . . sounds nuts lol) Length isnt so much the problem as height. The bilge is roughly 58" long and i need 82" but the seat is in the way at the point. May be just wishful thinking . . . .
LS1s. Shorter and lower.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

Make it a 5 man bolster cockpit lose the big wellcraft dash and you will have plenty of room
Old 09-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
the 38KV and 38 LS are the same hull (essentially). The LS molds are a bit sharper in detail, the deck is different and being custom builds you could get staggered, standard or I even saw outboard. Ive never seen a KV or Excell Scarab staggered but mine may get a short stagger this winter. The biggest problem is you loose a lot of cockpit space In the deal, not sure if its worth the trade yet.

been tossing around the idea for a bit

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...38-scarab.html
why not just buy my 43' and put me outta my misery lmao