Scarab Boats Still Being Made? >

Scarab Boats Still Being Made?

Notices

Scarab Boats Still Being Made?

Old 10-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab Boats Still Being Made?

I didn't know Scarab was still in the business. I stand corrected. What was the last year that they made offshore boats?

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bod/4688538362.html
Old 10-27-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

These are not the old scarab offshore.. They are jet boats using the scarab name...
Old 10-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Genmar stopped the Scarab production about 15 yrs. ago. Larry Smith was supposed to continue them with an agreement with Genmar but that never took off.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 374 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastboater
Genmar stopped the Scarab production about 15 yrs. ago. Larry Smith was supposed to continue them with an agreement with Genmar but that never took off.
Sorry there was no agreement between Genmar and Larry. They purchased the right to the name SCARAB after the agreement with Larry expired witch was written in the original agreement with Wellcraft. They offered to let us use the name and pay them royalties for each boat. Larry was not interested in build in gas powered boats so we built diesels under a new name Kona. Then I licensed the use of the Team Scarab Molds with Larry to build the diesels under the name KAAMA but in a bad twist of fate a German had filed a trademark in Germany 1 month before we did in the US so we lost the trademark now the new name is APISA Sport Yachts witch offer a line of diesel powered sport boats from 43 to 52 feet
Old 11-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by abmotorman
I didn't know Scarab was still in the business. I stand corrected. What was the last year that they made offshore boats?

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bod/4688538362.html
That thing is terrible! A disgrace to the Scarab name. It's like a poor man's Mastercraft...

I believe the made Scarab offshore boats through the 2002 season, but I could be off a year either way.