1987 Scarab 1 >

1987 Scarab 1

Notices

1987 Scarab 1

Old 06-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Scarab 1

Hey everyone, I'm new to the boating world this year. Picked up a 21 foot 1987 Scarab 1. Exterior is in great condition. Engine is a 350 Magnum with internal engine cooling. I was looking to see where I can buy an owners manual and a repair manual for this boat. Tried contacting Wellcraft many times with no response. I wanted to re-do all the gauges especially the depth finder, gas gauge, and speedo which all dont work. Also wanted to see why almost all of the internal lights dont work even though the bulbs seem fine. Id like to get some manuals so that I can see how this boat is put together. Anyone know where I can buy them?
Old 06-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Anyone here familiar with the Scarabs that can help me out?
Old 06-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Registered

Heres a pic of what I got. Got it out in Hampton Bays, NY.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 284 Posts

Nice looking boat. As far as I'm aware, there is no way to get a manual. You're pretty much on your own there. The guys here are pretty helpful. Apparently they're all out in their boats right now.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Registered

Thanks. That sucks. Its crazy a big company like Wellcraft would ignore my emails and not have any manuals. I bet if I emailed them about being interested in a new boat they would probably respond lol.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1987 Wellcraft color manual. I definitely be willing to include this and all my other Wellcraft manuals and info if you would be willing to buy my 1987 Scarab Panther for 10% of what we have spent since 1987. Included would also be a 1987 F-250 truck and tri-axle alum trailer. Fresh water only!
Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 PM
Registered

haha o come on dont tease me. sounds like a nice boat u got there though.

id be willing to paypal you watever u think is fair for the time it would take you to scan all the pages of the manuals you have to my email....
Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ben Are you really selling the panther?

unscrew the dash take a picture or several of the wiring and measure the resistance to the wires running back to the sending units on the engine sometimes with the key on and the wire disconnected from the sending unit if you touch the wire to ground the gauge will peg or go all the way to the opposite side.

nice boat is not the word for it! most beautiful 28 year old scarab I have ever seen.
I hope when I am completely finished with my scarab it will look have as good. as it does.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Registered

Not a ton of info out there on the older stuff other than maybe a brochure if you search google images some....I have an 85 we have gone thru from nose to rear...engine, drive, wiring, interior, radio, and a few other things. Gauges are standard marine gauges available from many sources. I haven't got around to installing mine as of yet....work and enjoying a ride every now and then have kept me from doing it, but my old ones still work, so it hasn't been at the top of my list of things to do yet!