Notices

1990 kv

Old 08-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

As it is a La. boat. You might try posting this that region section on here and see if anyone knows it. You might also try the Scarab Miami Vice KV site on FB. JetJock on here is involved and he keeps track of all the MV boats and some of the KVs
Old 08-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Saw the boat posted.....also saw a pic about "cracked Bulkheads" and thread was removed.....then another thread appeared with questions about the HIN number and the location, questions about how it could be a 1990 KV when Wellcraft stopped building them in 1989 and introduced the "Excel"

The bolsters are out of a Excel or later Scarab, lot of questions......few answers!
Old 08-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have more pictures too. I did notice the post was removed also. I knew you guys would come through, yet again!!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by JetJock
Saw the boat posted.....also saw a pic about "cracked Bulkheads" and thread was removed.....then another thread appeared with questions about the HIN number and the location, questions about how it could be a 1990 KV when Wellcraft stopped building them in 1989 and introduced the "Excel"

The bolsters are out of a Excel or later Scarab, lot of questions......few answers!
I figured you would know something!

Any of your peeps bid on the 38MV that was just on Ebay? I think high bid was 8700 and didnt hit reserve.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
I figured you would know something!

Any of your peeps bid on the 38MV that was just on Ebay? I think high bid was 8700 and didnt hit reserve.

Guy who owns the "Wild Wild West" boat is named Drew.....talked to him on the phone and its sounds like he wants a lot of $$$ money for that boat (I told him if someone offered him 12K take it and run! ) Bottom paint, and neglect the last 10 years have not been kind to that KV. He may restore it himself so we will see.

--The "White KV" over in Louisana has a lot of questions for sure....I would be VERY concerned about the "cracked" bulkhead.

--My buddy purchased the Red/Silver 38KV out of west Louisana and it seems to be in avery nice condition with some "high dollar" hardware hanging off of the transom....it was named "Sack Deep" but now it is named "At Ease"

We have located a few more 38KV's and will have a "owners registry" soon.....HIN numbers, build dates, options etc.. it should compliment the Facebook page as well....and for those of you lurking check out "Wellcraft 38 KV Scarab Miami Vice Editions" we have a lot of good info collected over the years.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,338 Likes on 284 Posts

I messaged the guy in New York about the one that was just on ebay. Typically, he said there was "no rot". When quizzed further he said the cockpit floor "had a soft place". Which tells me the stringers are prolly shot, the transom most definitely is. I asked him if he had tapped the stringers or transom with a hammer. I didn't get a reponse to that. These guys need to know that $10,000 in rot repair is GONNA effect a boats value, whether they like it or not. Oh well.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1990 KV also has rot in the motor mount stringers, cabin is missing the sink, most of the cushions & a/c
I 'am looking for a project boat so what's it worth