1985 scarab 1 transom replacement >

1985 scarab 1 transom replacement

Notices

1985 scarab 1 transom replacement

Old 06-01-2019, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1985 scarab 1 transom replacement

Hey all I’m new to the site but have been searching it for years. I am reaching out for some help. I have a 1985 scarab 1 that needs a new transom. I’ve searched and searched but can’t seem to find the answers I’m looking for. I’ve seen some guys just cutting out the inner liner, doing the replacement, and glassing everything back in. I was going to go the other route and remove the top cap but have a question I can’t seem to find the answer for. That is once I remove the top cap will the engine compartment inner liner, and floor come out so I can get to the stringers and transom. Any info would be great and thanks in advance
Old 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 scarab 1 transom replacement

when I did mine I went the route you are talking about, mine was an outboard version but the caps are almost the same. On mine the sap just separated once you take the rub rail and rivers out along the seams. Theengind compartment stayed I there with no issues. Just remember the wiring cables rigging fuel filler etc has to be disconnected before you lift it off. Hope this was helpful
Old 08-14-2019, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harrywho1
when I did mine I went the route you are talking about, mine was an outboard version but the caps are almost the same. On mine the sap just separated once you take the rub rail and rivers out along the seams. Theengind compartment stayed I there with no issues. Just remember the wiring cables rigging fuel filler etc has to be disconnected before you lift it off. Hope this was helpful
oh I forgot the cockpit is all a part of the cap so it will all lift out together. When you put it back together the area under the floor where the back seat bottom sits on the stringers is avoid, make sure you put something there to make up the void or the floor in the cockpit in front of the bench seat will crack and splinter where the bench meets the floor.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the additional info. Very helpful