43' Scarab AVS pics from the JG Fun Run >

43' Scarab AVS pics from the JG Fun Run

Notices

43' Scarab AVS pics from the JG Fun Run

Old 01-05-2020, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool 43' Scarab AVS pics from the JG Fun Run

We had a great time and I had a chance to take the 43' Scarab AVS out this week during the Joey Gratton Fun Run in SRQ. It was a great time with over 100 other boats of all types having a great celebration of life with friends.Both days we ran with my friends with the Broadco Cat 5 Offshore Racing Team and had the Wife of one of the drivers on my boat to communicate with them while running. On Tuesday we took off from SRQ and ran to Tampa Bay via the Gulf with a nice 3-5' seas keeping me on the throttles at 55-70 mph while maintaining a fraction of what the Cat could do!! ! On Wednesday, with Scott Porta at the helm, we kept it in the bay and intercoastal to see 75-80 mph with 200+ gallons of fuel and Five on board. Not a bad run at all!!

The best part is the boat ran flawlessly with the recently freshened engines and we put it on the trailer with zero issues on both days!!

Here are a few of the pics from the event.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful boat... don't see many 43's anymore. I wonder how many 43 AVS's were built? Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-07-2020, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 146 Likes on 102 Posts

People used to bash against triple engines boats, now they are up to 3 and 4 ob engines, sometimes even more! I am feeling better and better !
Old 01-07-2020, 10:13 AM
Registered

Cool Triple Engines

Originally Posted by jeff32 View Post
People used to bash against triple engines boats, now they are up to 3 and 4 ob engines, sometimes even more! I am feeling better and better !
I see a lot of posts about people bashing triples for poor fuel economy or whatever... What I will say is that with triples, all three engines WORK LESS to produce the results. Docking was actually very easy, even with a slight crosswind in the 10th Street Dock inlet. Getting it onto a trailer and backing off is far easier with the center engine as it does not pitch the boat left or right as the Port or Starboard engine will do... AND because those outboard motors do have so much authority being set wide in the hull, it is easy to just use throttles at times to get the turn or curve you need to adjust for crosswinds or currents of tide with one or the other. This 43' Scarab AVS with stock 500EFIs will hit 80mph with just two people and 150 gallons of fuel on board... if I only had two engines, they would most certainly have to be supercharged, which we know would more than double their fuel consumption. If we decide to keep this boat, I plan to remove all three engines and replace them with LSA Caddy CTSV power to remove 1000+ pounds of weight, increase fuel economy, RPM and Power! Then it will be a 100+mph Scarab with Triples whining like they should!
Old 01-09-2020, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 96 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by IDLife Express View Post
I If we decide to keep this boat, I plan to remove all three engines and replace them with LSA Caddy CTSV power to remove 1000+ pounds of weight, increase fuel economy, RPM and Power! Then it will be a 100+mph Scarab with Triples whining like they should!
That would be a cool project for sure!
Old 01-30-2020, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful boat, haven't seen a 43' in a long while. The proportions are just a litttle bit stretched from the 38'. Never a bad day on the water when you have no issues
Old 02-03-2020, 09:01 AM
Registered

Here are a few pics and the Sizzle video from the FPC Winter Poker Run! It was a great event, over 300 miles without an issue and a great four days of fun in the warm Florida Sun!

Second Card stop from the FPC Winter Poker Run