Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Scarab
My 33 AVS build >

My 33 AVS build

Notices

My 33 AVS build

Old 02-27-2020, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

The paint code will likely not match, you will have to mix your own. White gel changes color after a few years in the sun. when you start prepping to paint you will see the difference. Ask me how I know..Some focker bumped me at Aquafest one year and scratched 4 different colors on my boat. The white was the hardest to match...Oh and by the way he was drunk and was in a big hurry to tie up, even after I told him to wait until I got the other side tied up. Have not been back since.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
The paint code will likely not match, you will have to mix your own. White gel changes color after a few years in the sun. when you start prepping to paint you will see the difference. Ask me how I know..Some focker bumped me at Aquafest one year and scratched 4 different colors on my boat. The white was the hardest to match...Oh and by the way he was drunk and was in a big hurry to tie up, even after I told him to wait until I got the other side tied up. Have not been back since.
The transom was painted in the last year or two from what I understand so I’m hoping to have some decent luck on it. I did get ahold of the shop that did the work and they were going to try to check into it and let me know. Fingers crossed. I know exactly what you mean though When a friend tried matching the gel on a checkmate and just having the deck repainted.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I’m also starting my build

I’ve got a 1999 AVS I’m starting to build , hows yours coming
Old 09-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ocean
I’ve got a 1999 AVS I’m starting to build , hows yours coming
Untouched haha. Hoping to get transom holes filled and painted in the next few weeks. Should go rather quick after that. What are the plans on yours?
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (09-13-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 06:20 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Top to bottom full rebuild. It’s getting totally gutted, gone through and restomoded Paint,Power,Drives,interior, stereo, dash, gps. Everything new. I’m just looking for a builder to build it around west coast/Havasu. I’m in Vegas. I know the hull isn’t the fastest but boy do they handle rough water well.
larslindroth (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts
Default Scarab still dominates The Wild West waters.

Originally Posted by ocean
Top to bottom full rebuild. It’s getting totally gutted, gone through and restomoded Paint,Power,Drives,interior, stereo, dash, gps. Everything new. I’m just looking for a builder to build it around west coast/Havasu. I’m in Vegas. I know the hull isn’t the fastest but boy do they handle rough water well.
Sounds like a Team Archer Marine resto. It's always more economical to spend the money with the best in the business. Peace of mind, more future boating smiles and ads to the re-sale value if that ever happens to come up in the far future. Look forward seeing another one of the best Scarab designed hulls grace the S.W.waterways. Well worth restoring, best of luck.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:28 PM
Registered

Just dropped boat off to get the holes filled this evening. Supposed to get it back later this week. Hoping to get steering, boxes and drives on before the end of the year.

Anyone get rid of the fuel system box thing? Don’t see a need for fuel shut offs coming from the tank and going to the engines. Nor any reason to add all that height on them.
Old 11-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

The shutoffs are good for winterizing/fogging. Shut the fuel off to the engines, mix your soup, put it in the filter and run. No new fuel coming from tank to dilute soup mixture.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:26 PM
Registered

Just got this from my painter. Now I can’t blame anyone else when I’m not working on it.
CDShack (11-16-2020)
Old 11-13-2020, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

That's some nice work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.