Scarab 38 AVS Step details` >

Scarab 38 AVS Step details`

Notices

Scarab 38 AVS Step details`

Old 07-17-2022, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab 38 AVS Step details`

Hey guys, just wondering if you might be able to help me out. I'm a model maker and in conjuction with a fellow builder I've been asked to generate a Scarab 38 AVS, about 6 feet long.

The issue we're facing at the moment is modelling the AVS steps correctly. I'm wondering if anyone would care to take some pictures and measurements for us of the steps?

Ideally I'd like a dimension from the transom to the each step, an approximate change in height of each step, and some pics of the actual steps. Looks like the ends flare out where they cross the chines?

Finally the big question is "what is the AVS angle?" This is damn near impossible to figure out from pictures alone!

Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Curare; 07-17-2022 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,327 Likes on 282 Posts

If you're on facebook, a guy named Randy Ott has a super sharp 38avs stepped hull. I believe his handle on here is Jetjock, maybe he can help you.
Old 02-15-2023, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Curare
Hey guys, just wondering if you might be able to help me out. I'm a model maker and in conjuction with a fellow builder I've been asked to generate a Scarab 38 AVS, about 6 feet long.

The issue we're facing at the moment is modelling the AVS steps correctly. I'm wondering if anyone would care to take some pictures and measurements for us of the steps?

Ideally I'd like a dimension from the transom to the each step, an approximate change in height of each step, and some pics of the actual steps. Looks like the ends flare out where they cross the chines?

Finally the big question is "what is the AVS angle?" This is damn near impossible to figure out from pictures alone!

Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Would be happy to help ...and might want a model as well!!!!

Randy
38 AVS Owner