Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sea Ray
New Pachanga reviews have started... >

New Pachanga reviews have started...

Notices

New Pachanga reviews have started...

Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Pachanga reviews have started...

If you want to look at the first review of the New Pachanga, go to you local news stand and buy a copy of Boating Magazine January 2009 issue. They even put a nice sized picture of it on the cover. Piricing is interesting at $78,300 as tested with a 496 bravo 3 and $62,300 for the standard 350.
Top speed with the 496 was tested @ 62.8 @ 5000 rpm. Overall they liked the boat but suggested it needed a HP 525 EFI as an option.
Get out you check book boys...........
B.A.D.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Changas'

The speeds aren't bad, 79K for a 22, seems to be a tad overpriced!!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Registered

I saw the magazine but didnt read the article. Did it say if there were any drive options besides the Bravo III ? That boat should be running well into the 70s. It is the same hull as BAJAs newest Hammer and it was running upper 70s.

Here's a shot from the Hammer Xs GPS speedo.....

Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the value of my 22 just went up
Old 12-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 496 from the way it's written is only offered with the bravo 3. They list a MX 6.2 MPI with a Bravo 1 and a 350 mag with no drive listed. There was another fact that I found interesting...You can finance it for 15 years with 15% down and your payments for THE NEXT 180 MONTHS would be only $598.00...My, My, things are high....
B.A.D.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I saw the magazine but didnt read the article. Did it say if there were any drive options besides the Bravo III ? That boat should be running well into the 70s. It is the same hull as BAJAs newest Hammer and it was running upper 70s.

Here's a shot from the Hammer Xs GPS speedo.....

That hammer X weighs in at 3500lbs, the P22 at 5200 lbs. Sea Ray really packed on the pounds. Iagree though, I think it should break 70 or come close with a Bravo1 or BravoXR...
Old 12-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Saw upclose at NYC BoatShow

Not overly impressed. Spoke with salesmen and they stated this boat was only going to see 50 made in the first pass, not 200 as previously posted. Sales are down and plants are shutting down as a result. I would guess the fate of this boat lies with consumer interest on these first 50. As read in the article mentioned in the above threads, the red scheme was for first 200, then it would be black or whatever. I would think they black would be the rarest find for the future, because they'll never make it.

The drive and steering options are a major disappointment. If SeaRay really had interest in bringing this back, they would have done this right, and not tuned down performance. If this was to be 50 anniversary special, then they missed the marketing opportunity. This boat is another blunder in marketing. There are real Pachanga enthusiasts out there, me being one of them. It’s a disappointment that this wasn’t done right out of the box. A 496HO with that drive system is a blunder.

Although is looks like a hot boat, doesn’t have the same charm as the 70s Pachanga, or the 80s P2. If you’re looking to go fast in luxury for that price, go with a Formula SS. If you’re a Pachanga nut like me, keep your '86....And keep fixing those old seats...
Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by torpedoj
Not overly impressed. Spoke with salesmen and they stated this boat was only going to see 50 made in the first pass, not 200 as previously posted. Sales are down and plants are shutting down as a result. I would guess the fate of this boat lies with consumer interest on these first 50. As read in the article mentioned in the above threads, the red scheme was for first 200, then it would be black or whatever. I would think they black would be the rarest find for the future, because they'll never make it.

The drive and steering options are a major disappointment. If SeaRay really had interest in bringing this back, they would have done this right, and not tuned down performance. If this was to be 50 anniversary special, then they missed the marketing opportunity. This boat is another blunder in marketing. There are real Pachanga enthusiasts out there, me being one of them. It’s a disappointment that this wasn’t done right out of the box. A 496HO with that drive system is a blunder.

Although is looks like a hot boat, doesn’t have the same charm as the 70s Pachanga, or the 80s P2. If you’re looking to go fast in luxury for that price, go with a Formula SS. If you’re a Pachanga nut like me, keep your '86....And keep fixing those old seats...

The first run was and still is 100 boats, this backed up by a VP of Sales internally at Sea Ray. After that yellow or black will be the color choices.

http://www.searaypachanga.com/documents/51.html

The drive choice was meant to keep speeds down, but if you have a buddy-buddy relationship with your dealer dont think that a Bravo XR cant be ordered, or a 525HP for that matter.

I am reserving judgement until I see the boat in person and drive it, but I agree it has lost something in terms of the charm of the 80s boats.

I still am curious as to how the Hammer X hull handles. Lets be honest though, you talk about turning performance down, but really this is the fastest P-boat yet from the factory. The prototype they tested was around 1000lbs heavy, so expect about 65 mph. Show me the P22 that came from the factory (stock prop, tune, exhaust, etc) that ran that fast ON GPS.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 12-19-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered

As far as I know the Pachanga 22's with the BB were advertised by searay to run 66. I'm sure they would run over 60!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachanga
As far as I know the Pachanga 22's with the BB were advertised by searay to run 66. I'm sure they would run over 60!
I bet they did run over 60, but how much? Truly stock BB pachangas that I have seen have barely toped 60 on GPS, and hell some owners report the SB being faster. I know someone on htis forum who has both, and says his SB is slightly faster.

Remember, that 454 was only good for 330hp.

I still think a production weight boat with a Bravo1 or XR drive with the 496 will crack 70, and to me thats the magical number that makes this boat justifiable or not.

Quick Reply: New Pachanga reviews have started...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.