Notices

Sharkey - Images: 2010 NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run Photos

Old 06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Ugh did Sat. morning hurt!
Yeah no doubt, it was a skit straight outta the movie "The Hangover".... We're still trying to piece it all together, need some pics to figure it all out!

Friday night we somehow started hanging out with one of the crew from the 142' yacht parked behind my boat, that was fun until Tantrum decided he wanted to cok block my crew. Then he decided Apache's weren't tough enough and he proceeded to headbutt and pile-drive my transom and swim platform, the Apache won with only a broken twist snap.... Later Tantrum kept loosing his flip flops...

I had to call it quits @ 2:30 am because I couldn't see straigt anymore and I'm a lightweight... My crew kept hanging out at the club until 4:30 am. Then in the morning when I woke up they were missing.... A few hours later I get a phone call, somehow they wound up in Margate...

We left the marina and headed back around 11:45 am Saturday and ran the ocean back to Barnegat with Tsunami...

Ohh the stories.....

Last edited by Panther; 06-28-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to everyone who came out for the NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run this weekend! The weather was awesome and I am extremely proud to be the President of a Club that has so many amazingly great people!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Sharkey I have to tell you that your photos tell a story, it felt like I was at the event.... A photo is work a 1000 words!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Yeah no doubt, it was a skit straight outta the movie "The Hangover".... We're still trying to piece it all together, need some pics to figure it all out!

Friday night we somehow started hanging out with one of the crew from the 142' yacht parked behind my boat, that was fun until Tantrum decided he wanted to cok block my crew. Then he decided Apache's weren't tough enough and he proceeded to headbutt and pile-drive my transom and swim platform, the Apache won with only a broken twist snap.... Later Tantrum kept loosing his flip flops...

I had to call it quits @ 2:30 am because I couldn't see straigt anymore and I'm a lightweight... My crew kept hanging out at the club until 4:30 am. Then in the morning when I woke up they were missing.... A few hours later I get a phone call, somehow they wound up in Margate...

We left the marina and headed back around 11:45 am Saturday and ran the ocean back to Barnegat with Tsunami...

Ohh the stories.....
i dont know about that tantrum guy.....
Old 06-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Googled the phrase "All the usual suspects", and it directed me to this thread. Wonder why?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:14 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
Sharkey I have to tell you that your photos tell a story, it felt like I was at the event.... A photo is work a 1000 words!
Thanks Speedy !
I usually like to post them that way, but the Morning Breakfast and On The Dock Photos had to wait as I needed to get the Running Shots online ASAP as people are waiting for them.

I needed to change my approach with selling my images this year.
I never want to be a pushy salesman nor do I want to make prints and hand them to people with my hand out.

So instead, I gave people some "Pre-Sale Photo Options" if purchased prior or up to the end of the event.

If for any reason I missed their boat or they aren't satisfied with any of the images, they can receive a full 100% refund, put it towards the next event or choose any images from prior events. A totally NO RISK OFFER.

This way, those that placed an order for one of my packages would get priority shooting during the event.

I still do my best to get everyone I possibly can, but the ones that paid up front got more coverage.

Waiting for people to come to the website to place orders just was not working. Now that they have an investment, and I have all the information I need, I can ship them their prints once they have chosen which images they would like...

I learned a lot this weekend by doing this.

Many people either forget, didn't have time to look or simply do not want to order online and would rather pay in person.

It worked very well and no one felt obligated or pressured.

Many people actually told me they were glad that I started doing this. They can view the images at night during the Awards Dinner or at the next morning breakfast. If they aren't satisfied they can can get a refund on the spot. Some, after seeing their images actually ordered them right then and there.

Those that chose to look at the site later will always still have the opportunity to purchase them there as well.

2010 is off to a great start !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Registered

Thanks for sharing Tim, great work as always Vaness and I got our favs picked

The run was awesome, the dock party was great!! We consumed large amounts of adult beverages making even the 7 o'clock dinner start time hard to make but we made it to the dinner on time and the food was great!! After dinner the crew went to the Pool at Harrah's we sucked down some Redbulls and two bottles of Vodka... what a night, we were smashed...

Thanks again Dave, Tim and to everyone who makes the A.C. Poker run the great run that it is...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
I Googled the phrase "All the usual suspects", and it directed me to this thread. Wonder why?
All were pretty much there except for two..... one day team WooHoo will return to A/C!!!!!!

At least there is the Chesapeake!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JerseyOutlaw
Thanks for sharing Tim, great work as always Vaness and I got our favs picked..
Excellent ! I will keep an eye out for your order...

Great to see you both again !

Old 06-28-2010, 01:23 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by C_Spray
We'll be looking for you two at the Black Jack Poker Run !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.