Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Southeast US
34PC to Fort Meyers Area, Where To Dock for Winter, Whats Area Like, Places To Go >

34PC to Fort Meyers Area, Where To Dock for Winter, Whats Area Like, Places To Go

Notices

34PC to Fort Meyers Area, Where To Dock for Winter, Whats Area Like, Places To Go

Old 12-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 34PC to Fort Meyers Area, Where To Dock for Winter, Whats Area Like, Places To Go

Considering sending the 34PC to Fort Meyers area for the winter (next year, doing homework now) and staying from Nov 1 thru March. Was hoping the Formula people, and all others may help in identifying where we could dock for the season, and where to boat, party, eat and drink? Figured we would try it out with the PC before moving up in a few years (wanting a 52' Tiara) and then doing the winters south and the summers north. Ideally, I would prefer to get a lift, but if need be, can do in a wet slip. The idea is to fly down every 3 weeks or so, non-stop into Ft Meyers, as well as be close for the trip to Key West for 2 weeks and the races. Hoping some of you Florida boaters can help out with our planning for this excursion.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are down here right now from from Jersey with our Formulas. We are staying on Boca Grande, FL and have boated as north as Englewood all the way down to Cape Coral so far in the last 3 days. I will give you a list of a few places to google below. Follow us on here on a couple of the threads and www.facebook.com/formulaownersofnj to see pics of the area. It is a great area to boat.

Cabbage Key, Cape Harbour, Rum Runners, Barnacle Phils, Tween Waters, South Seas, Pincher's, Captiva, Sanibel, Cayo Costa, Lemon Bay, Don Pedro Island, Gasparilla Marina, Rum Bay, Palm Island, Stump Pass, White Elephant.....
Old 12-10-2014, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Lots of great places to go by boat. As far as where to keep it there are marinas everywhere. Pricing and location will vary. Ft myers yacht basin is right near downtown ft myers. A little river ride to gulf but not bad at all. Usually some of the best fuel prices so maybe good slip prices also? I have a house on the water with lift so I don't know prices for keeping in water. As far as places to go look at the trip the other formula guys just did. Watch ft myers offshore section down bottom. You'll start seeing all the good things to offer. Also you can run the river all the way to east coast through okeechobee and go to Bahamas. If you need any other help let me know.

Mike
Old 04-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Registered

The Big M Marina, wet and dry storage in warehouse. Pretty good people.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered

*bump*

Will taking my Fountain down in a couple of weeks for the winter. Same idea as TREADS with flying down every couple of weeks. Looking for the same places and suggestions he was. I have a lift rented in the Naples area and assume most of the action takes place closer to Ft Myers??
Old 10-15-2015, 05:05 PM
Registered

Yes, lol. Mostly all the action takes place in FMB. Lani Kai hotel area. I really love and miss that place... I have a 42 fountain I would love to leave down there as well. But it's the travel time to and from that hinders me.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:49 AM
Registered

I live here in Fort Myers and as mentioned anchoring in front of FMB and just rafting in the water is probably the largest concentration of Boats. Good lunch destinations are Rum Runners, Fathoms, Marker 92, and the Boat House all in Cape Coral. Woody's on Pine Island, Green Flash and Tween Waters on Captiva, and Cabage Key are also all good places. Doc Fords, Mantanzzas, Nervous Nellies, and Bay Front Bistro all have dockage on the back bay side of Fort Myers Beach. Cayo Costa is a good sand bar to go to north of Cabage Key but Keywaddin south of Naples is a little more happening.

PM me when you come down and we can try to meet up on the water.

Last edited by Piratesoul; 10-21-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info! I will be bringing the boat down next Wednesday. I have been to Keywaddin in the past when we did the rental pontoon boat thing and that was always a good time.

Originally Posted by Piratesoul
I live here in Fort Myers and as mentioned anchoring in front of FMB and just rafting int he water is probably the largest concentration of Boats. Good lunch destinations are Rum Runners, Fathoms, Marker 92, and the Boat House all in Cape Coral. Woody's on Pine Island, Green Flash and Tween Waters on Captiva, and Cabage Key are also all good places. Doc Fords, Mantanzzas, Nervous Nellies, and Bay Front Bistro all have dockage on the back bay side of Fort Myers Beach. Cayo Costa is a good sand bar to go to nort of Cabage Key but Keywaddin south of Naples is a little more happening.

PM me when you come down and we can try to meet up on the water.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Ft Myers...Brown water, screened backyards, Bugs, Brown water........There are better destinations.....
Old 10-23-2015, 05:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
Ft Myers...Brown water, screened backyards, Bugs, Brown water........There are better destinations.....

Doesn't look like brown water to me...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]546818[/ATTACH]

It says you're from CA, at least we have water over here on the East coast - LOL
Attached Thumbnails 34PC to Fort Meyers Area, Where To Dock for Winter, Whats Area Like, Places To Go-ftmyersbeach.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.