496 HO Exhaust Upgrade >

496 HO Exhaust Upgrade

Notices

496 HO Exhaust Upgrade

Old 07-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 HO Exhaust Upgrade

Has anyone had to replace the manifolds and riser pipe on a 496 HO and replaced with aftermarket Stainless Marine, Eddie Marine or some other aftermarket exhaust? If so, please share your experience. Were there any fit issues or reprogramming needed? I have to buy a new manifold and riser pipes so just trying to decide whether or not to change the factory setup or just go back with the stock exhaust system.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have CMIs. Work great. Runs a little cooler. You gain midrange and quicker to top RPM. don't look for speed gains. Stock 496 exhaust isn't bad.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CMI Sport tubes

We have CMI Sport tubes on our 496HO twins. I concur with the above post. We did dyne testing before and after to prove horsepower gains. They really look good with the black motors. In addition, they sound much better than the stock exhaust. The sound is very simiar to 525's with Mercury headers.