Water Pressure breaker >

Water Pressure breaker

Notices

Water Pressure breaker

Old 03-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pressure breaker

Anyone know what the water pressure breaker on the breaker panel in the cabin of a 2005 36CC does? I have separate fresh and salt water pump switches on the dash that work those pumps. I’m trying to figure out what the breaker below does. When I flip it on, I hear a pump come on that sounds like it’s near the bathroom.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

pressure pump for the sink and head?

Easy to check.. with the breaker off, turn the water in the sink on and run down the water/pressure. With the water pressure running low, turn on the breaker - if the pressure bumps up - that's definitely what it is for.

Last edited by speicher lane; 03-11-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane

Easy to check.. with the breaker off, turn the water in the sink on and run down the water/pressure. With the water pressure running low, turn on the breaker - if the pressure bumps up - that's definitely what it is for.
doesn’t seem to make any difference with the breaker on or off, tried that.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by speicher lane

the sink and head run off the fresh water pump switch on the console.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 453 Likes on 248 Posts

it might be the pump to the shower gray water instead of dumping in the bilge it goes in a container and gets pumped overboard or to a gray water tank....or it could be a wash down pump
Old 03-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 836 Likes on 355 Posts

Overload protection for the water pumps? The switches at the helm most likely just that, a switch, not a circuit breaker. Just from your description to me it sounds like if water pressure got too high from a pump running too long etc, the pump overloads, draws too much current and the breaker trips. I could be looking at it totally wrong but that’s what I get out of it from the description.