Donzi 27zr Stall problem (2007) 496 Mag HO

Notices

Donzi 27zr Stall problem (2007) 496 Mag HO

Old 09-14-2020, 03:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Donzi 27zr Stall problem (2007) 496 Mag HO

Hello folks, Greeting from Thailand.

We have some issues with the boat and any help are appreciate.

And sorry about my bad English skills but I try.

So the boat have issue when start it give alarm signal (twice) about every 5mins. 40knots we can drive with no problems (but have alarm).

With full speed engine will stall after couple of minutes and alarm start continuously beeb until for 1-2 minutes when boat stays still and idle.

After waiting couple of minutes we can start driving again for 40knots and only alarm beeb every 5min (might be shorter time than 5min)

We had maintenance and Mercury service change Idle Air Control Valve IAC which is in the back of the engine (It get shortage and burned little bit)

But they're saying ECM/PCM/ECU is broken (I'm not sure which one they meant because this is Thailand. Any idea whats wrong in our boat?

Bottom of the engine get under water because our staff didn't take care the boat, we already change start motor for the Donzi.

I don't know how high the water level really was, but at least it ruined the start motor.

Thank you
Old 09-16-2020, 06:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Thread bump for a nice guy in Thailand. 🙂

I dont know about the ECU/computer stuff, hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Water should never build up in the bilge. The bilge pump has a float switch and comes on automatically if you get water in there, even if the batteries are turned off. If the batteries go flat, it won't work. Check your bilge pump and float switch are working properly now.

If salt water got to the starter motor, you need to clean everything on the engine really carefully to get the salt off. Any salt left on the engine or other parts will be a problem later on.

Hope you get everything sorted quickly,
Cheers, Jon.

P.S. The boat is on a beautiful island which is a 4 hour drive and a half hour ferry ride from the only Merc dealer in Thailand. They do go there by appointment but charge extra and it's good if the owner has an idea what the problem is beforehand. It's not easy explaining things to the dealer with the language barrier. (The owner is not Thai) I'm sure any help from OSO is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rak rua; 09-16-2020 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
Thread bump for a nice guy in Thailand. 🙂

I dont know about the ECU/computer stuff, hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Water should never build up in the bilge. The bilge pump has a float switch and comes on automatically if you get water in there, even if the batteries are turned off. If the batteries go flat, it won't work. Check your bilge pump and float switch are working properly now.

If salt water got to the starter motor, you need to clean everything on the engine really carefully to get the salt off. Any salt left on the engine or other parts will be a problem later on.

Hope you get everything sorted quickly,
Cheers, Jon.

P.S. The boat is on a beautiful island which is a 4 hour drive and a half hour ferry ride from the only Merc dealer in Thailand. They do go there by appointment but charge extra and it's good if the owner has an idea what the problem is beforehand. It's not easy explaining things to the dealer with the language barrier. (The owner is not Thai) I'm sure any help from OSO is greatly appreciated.
Hey Thanks for the reply.

Yeah the bilge pump wont work automatic, that's why I said our staff did't take care about the boat and it get too much water inside.
Have to do manually if it's on the water.
Mercury from Pattaya have visited 2 times already and it's 15,000thb (trip+service, not include anything else) every time they visit Koh Chang, so that's why I asked if anyone have any idea whats wrong.
Perhaps we drive it to Pattaya and leave the boat on Boat Seat Pattaya (Mercury shop) till they figure out the problem.
Now they're saying they try to find used PCM to test if that's the problem... New PCM is around 67,000thb (1600-2000usd)

Take care
Old 09-18-2020, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the IAC circuit in the PCM is bad. Common problem on the PCM 555 when the IAC goes out it usually takes that circuit with it. You can have the PCM repaired if the circuit is not to badly damaged. Also I had one do the same and the IAC circuit was good but the main module on the board in that PCM was corroded and bad. Its usually a 50/50 shot being able to fix that, depending on how corroded it is. Some guys once repaired will put a small 1amp fuse on the IAC to prevent it from damaging the PCM again.
The following 2 users liked this post by Don163:
KohChangDonzi1975 (09-19-2020), rak rua (09-19-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

rak rua, is this your old boat?
The following users liked this post:
rak rua (09-18-2020)
Old 09-18-2020, 08:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
rak rua, is this your old boat?
Sure is.
Sorry to hear he has a couple of issues at the moment but I'm jealous he gets to go boating around Koh Chang. It's a lovely island, been there many times.

RR
thirdchildhood (09-18-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 12:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Don163
Sounds like the IAC circuit in the PCM is bad. Common problem on the PCM 555 when the IAC goes out it usually takes that circuit with it. You can have the PCM repaired if the circuit is not to badly damaged. Also I had one do the same and the IAC circuit was good but the main module on the board in that PCM was corroded and bad. Its usually a 50/50 shot being able to fix that, depending on how corroded it is. Some guys once repaired will put a small 1amp fuse on the IAC to prevent it from damaging the PCM again.
Thanks for this info, we will talk about this with Seat Boat Pattaya (Mercury service)
Old 09-19-2020, 12:31 AM
Registered

Sure is.
Sorry to hear he has a couple of issues at the moment but I'm jealous he gets to go boating around Koh Chang. It's a lovely island, been there many times.

RR
It's so frustrating when staff don't do their job even the boat price is over 1 million baht. And it's same with our Pershing yacht, no covers no cleaning, nothing. I was brushing the Pershing 2 days to get it clean. Also they break sailing lights and not told us. But soon it will be only me who take care the boats and the yacht. Then I can blame only myself LOL
rak rua (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 04:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by KohChangDonzi1975
It's so frustrating when staff don't do their job even the boat price is over 1 million baht. And it's same with our Pershing yacht, no covers no cleaning, nothing. I was brushing the Pershing 2 days to get it clean. Also they break sailing lights and not told us. But soon it will be only me who take care the boats and the yacht. Then I can blame only myself LOL
I presume that's you Antti?
Agree one million percent! Thais are lovely people and do great work if you're watching everything. Leave them alone and they take shortcuts.

If you take over all the work yourself, I'm sure when everything is fixed you will be able to maintain the boats perfectly. It's really not hard if you want to do it right and you have the time. 👍

RR
Old 09-19-2020, 04:33 AM
Registered

I presume that's you Antti?
Agree one million percent! Thais are lovely people and do great work if you're watching everything. Leave them alone and they take shortcuts.

If you take over all the work yourself, I'm sure when everything is fixed you will be able to maintain the boats perfectly. It's really not hard if you want to do it right and you have the time. 👍

RR
I knew you think I'm Antti, but I'm his friend and doing a lot research about the Donzi. Hope we get it running perfectly soon.
rak rua (09-19-2020)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.