Miami Vice 38 ZR - New Owner

Notices

Miami Vice 38 ZR - New Owner

Old 05-11-2023, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Miami Vice 38 ZR - New Owner

Hi All,

I recently purchased the Black 38ZR used in the 2006 Miami Vice movie. I'm really proud to own a Donzi and I can't wait to get this boat into tip top shape. I've been doing a ton of work to the boat and I'll be posting lots of pics in the future. I am stumped on something though and I'm hoping someone can help me out. The boat was built with a pump-out head and still has the holding tank in the engine compartment. The previous owner removed the toilet so he could use the enclosed head for storage. I'd like to add the toilet back to make it easier to have overnights on the boat with young kids. Are there any other fellow ZR owners that can tell me which toilet to buy that would work with the system? I tried posting pics but the system won't allow it until I post 10 times. Sorry!

Last edited by EarlyriserX9; 05-11-2023 at 07:04 PM.

Top Answer

06-29-2023, 11:52 AM
EarlyriserX9
Registered

Old 05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Congrats. The boats are starting to show their age/owners aren’t caring for them like they should, but they’re one of the best running v hulls out there. I’ve done a lot of updating to mine. One of the things I did was pull the toilet out and holding tank. So I have the exact toilet you need. Get your post count up so we can see pics
The following users liked this post:
EarlyriserX9 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Congrats. The boats are starting to show their age/owners aren’t caring for them like they should, but they’re one of the best running v hulls out there. I’ve done a lot of updating to mine. One of the things I did was pull the toilet out and holding tank. So I have the exact toilet you need. Get your post count up so we can see pics
Yes Sir I saw your thread. VERY impressive!
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Registered

Does it make sense to do away with the holding tank on mine and just buy a porta?
Old 05-11-2023, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by EarlyriserX9
Does it make sense to do away with the holding tank on mine and just buy a porta?
It depends if you want the vacuflush head or if a porta potty will suffice for you. Some people have to have a vacuflush with pump out. My 6’4” ass could barely take a leak in the thing, we only really do day trips, and no man woman or child is sh!tting on my boat, so I said the hell with it. It does free up some good space for shoes and fenders etc.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:12 PM
Registered

It depends if you want the vacuflush head or if a porta potty will suffice for you. Some people have to have a vacuflush with pump out. My 6’4” ass could barely take a leak in the thing, we only really do day trips, and no man woman or child is sh!tting on my boat, so I said the hell with it. It does free up some good space for shoes and fenders etc.
LOL!!! Same here. No ****ting on my boat either. We had a porta on our last boat and it came in handy on cold days for the wife. When we have overnights it will help so I don’t have to worry about a kid falling off the back of the boat trying to wiz in the water. Want to sell your old one? Lol or could you shoot me picture of the sticker off it so I know what to order?
Old 05-12-2023, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 243 Posts

Buy a Homer Bucket and put a strip of pipe insulation on the rim! Great roadside or on the water crapper.
Old 05-12-2023, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by EarlyriserX9
LOL!!! Same here. No ****ting on my boat either. We had a porta on our last boat and it came in handy on cold days for the wife. When we have overnights it will help so I don’t have to worry about a kid falling off the back of the boat trying to wiz in the water. Want to sell your old one? Lol or could you shoot me picture of the sticker off it so I know what to order?
I’d be happy to sell you mine. Boat Head
Old 06-14-2023, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you end up selling the toilet and related components?
Old 06-14-2023, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Following to see pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.