Donzi 24 -2000

Notices

Donzi 24 -2000

Old 06-18-2023, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Donzi 24 -2000

Hello guys,

I´m from Sweden and this is my first boat. I don´t know much about boats so I would be grateful for some expert advice.
I have a 350 Mag MPI 300 engine on the boat but can only reach around 35 knots(I don´t know what this translates to in MPH). Do anyone of you guys have any suggestions how to make it go faster? I have tried to speak to different "experts" but they all give me different answers and I feel really lost..

Thank you guys!
Old 06-28-2023, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm going to assume that that's a stepped hull , right ?
Is this a new boat to you or a new problem for you ?
If it's a new boat to you I would check the prop size first and make sure that it's not some massively oversized thing . I doubt that you should be running anything bigger than a 24" pitch prop.
If that's not it then going over the engine specs wold be next . Are the injectors all clean ? Good compression on all cylinders ? Timing check and other electricals like plugs and distributor?
Painted bottom or clean gelcoat ?
The speed you report is barely 40mph and that thing should be a good bit quicker than that.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by madbouyz
I'm going to assume that that's a stepped hull , right ?
Is this a new boat to you or a new problem for you ?
If it's a new boat to you I would check the prop size first and make sure that it's not some massively oversized thing . I doubt that you should be running anything bigger than a 24" pitch prop.
If that's not it then going over the engine specs wold be next . Are the injectors all clean ? Good compression on all cylinders ? Timing check and other electricals like plugs and distributor?
Painted bottom or clean gelcoat ?
The speed you report is barely 40mph and that thing should be a good bit quicker than that.
All good suggestions but it’s not a 2000 model stepped hull. It’s an older 24 Black Widow, which I think is around 1990 model. He’s got another thread asking the same question, surprised he didn’t get more replies, it’s a pretty fair question.

Donzi 24 -2000

RR
Old 06-29-2023, 06:13 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
All good suggestions but it’s not a 2000 model stepped hull. It’s an older 24 Black Widow, which I think is around 1990 model. He’s got another thread asking the same question, surprised he didn’t get more replies, it’s a pretty fair question.

Donzi 24 -2000
RR
Thanks for the heads up , I hadn't seen that thread . I see that you had already addressed what was going to be my next question ... a yr 2000 Black Widow .