New 46 Skater....Question... >

New 46 Skater....Question...

Notices

New 46 Skater....Question...

Old 07-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 46 Skater....Question...

I have always been a V guy because I like the ability to go for weekends and the cabins are nice...I am pondering a Skater because I like to haul a$$, but not sure how much I would sacrifice in the cabin, simply because I have never been in one...Anyone have some thoughts here to help me with this..? I appreciate the feedback...

Deuce :-)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

When I got my boat. I put two double beds in mine
The deck on mine is a one off it adds xtra room.
Every cut and mod I did Went by Peter first.

But I must say it is not even close to a V.

I have a head also. Two night stay is all I can get out of the wife. Better off leaving it at the dock and getting a room with a jacuzzi. The only problem is my wife has plenty of
room to run away from me.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KNOT-RIGHT
When I got my boat. I put two double beds in mine
The deck on mine is a one off it adds xtra room.
Every cut and mod I did Went by Peter first.

But I must say it is not even close to a V.

I have a head also. Two night stay is all I can get out of the wife. Better off leaving it at the dock and getting a room with a jacuzzi. The only problem is my wife has plenty of
room to run away from me.
Haha...nice reply... I saw what you did based on the pics that you had up here...it was just awsome...How's that beast running..?

Also, I know the new ones are up there in price, but is there any differences in the design of the hull in the various model years...? I know that you need to have the boat surveyed, I am just wondering, all things being good with the survey, are there reasons why I would want to spend say, $500,000 on a new hull (I am guessing w/o power that I'm close) as opposed to a '99-'05 or '06 hull..? Are the newer ones any faster or better for some reason?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 200MPH
Haha...nice reply... I saw what you did based on the pics that you had up here...it was just awsome...How's that beast running..?

Also, I know the new ones are up there in price, but is there any differences in the design of the hull in the various model years...? I know that you need to have the boat surveyed, I am just wondering, all things being good with the survey, are there reasons why I would want to spend say, $500,000 on a new hull (I am guessing w/o power that I'm close) as opposed to a '99-'05 or '06 hull..? Are the newer ones any faster or better for some reason?
Yes you should spend it, and if my friend Vinny ever butts into this conversation he'll tell you why.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 200MPH

Peter told me the bottom of the 46 is the same. It is a proven
design. Materials he uses today I am sure are different.
Call Peter he returns all his calls.

The more stuff you put in the cabin the heavier it will be.

A brand new 46 would be awsome.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the cat and spend the bucks on a hotel. Even when I had V's I still stayed in hotels.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by offshore ginger
deuce i am in the procxess of putting a berth, & a place for a head ,in a 32 skater.
I thnk I could see where you could put a berth up front on a 32 (a little tough to crawl into though), but where would you put a head? There is not enough height to sit down is there?

Michael
Old 07-07-2007, 10:44 AM
skater brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by The Menace
Get the cat and spend the bucks on a hotel. Even when I had V's I still stayed in hotels.
I agree 100 percent
Old 07-07-2007, 10:53 AM
Registered

I have a new 40' SKATER " BAD ". Feel free to call me if you need info, Cell # 516-241-8280 Vinny Rifice.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 46 is a great boat....so far there has been no greater...perhaps we will see something with this new bud select boat.....but we all know what happened with the latest greatest attack on skater....what was it????...oh yes the outerlimits here today...gone away....yup...there is something to be said about a proven hull....the 46 is the baddest mother of all times....all you have to do is throw some real big power in her...

Quick Reply: New 46 Skater....Question...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.