New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges >

New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges

Notices

New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges

Old 10-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges

I kind of a fanatic when it comes to rigging and after seeing many big dollar boats with one kind or another style of exposed hatch hinge I decided to manufacture them myself , I MFG several marine and non related marine items currently . Yes there are several types on market and had them all in my hands but none would be acceptable on my Skater . Bottom line no exposed hardware of fastening screws when hatch is closed . FYI I will flush mount 1/8 SS plate with studs to underside of Hatch to fasten hinge . I designed and engineered this hinge to swing hatch up and away when opened even past 90 degrees. Patent pending
Attached Thumbnails New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges-dscn2440.jpg   New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges-dscn2443.jpg   New Style Hidden Hatch Hinges-dscn2441.jpg  

Last edited by activatorf1; 10-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Your design seems to be sanitary. Are you concerned about alignment, adjustment and rigidity ? There may be venturi up force on the spring area, great enough to create a gap, thereby creating greater up force and possibly failure. Have you considered using three attaching fasteners ILO two ? Also, what number of hinges will you use per hatch cover ?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

The Hatch side has two 5/16 holes and for the " average joe " bolt trough hatch . These are 1/8 Stainless x 2 inch plenty strong . As with any hatch they are not designed to carry load in closed position , the hatch Jamb takes load in closed position . I hear what your saying in running closed position and don't believe that is going to be an issue . There are several other type of hinge which are used on hatch on MTI and Nortech that are not as strong as these , I had those type in shop and said I can do better. I have clamshell type hatch on my 32 and will use 2 per side , trust me plenty strong

Last edited by activatorf1; 10-03-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you plan to market these and if so: what's the pricing?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Registered

Not sure if I'm going to market these , going to run them by Peter and see what he thinks , would love to see him install these on Skater before MTI or Nortech . That is only because he is a stand up guy , always willing to help me or anyone else and simply put has brought more to the table than ANYONE else in the last 25 years !!!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Registered

Default New Style Hidden Hinge

Did you decide to take this to market? I may have an application on a pontoon boat fiberglass pod door.