2002 Skater 32 >

2002 Skater 32

Notices

2002 Skater 32

Old 10-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUE C Q,

You might be right? that's why we all have to make sure before we jump into something like this..don't want to be stuck with a huge bill mat the end...

Thanks alot, Greatly appreciated..
Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Sue C Q,

Yes, i read that thread and as you said, "it could be alot more than 7k".this is why I have to make sure before going ahead and coming to terms with a boat...Anyways, if it all works out, it will be worth my while..Nice boat and alot of fun...

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by joefitness123
Dan,

Kind of looking in that direction...I called Skater and it needs the tanks done, so Im just waiting to see if we can come to terms to get them done...But it is nice, just want to make sure everything else is good ....Your Motion looks great...

Thanks,
Joe

Joe, this is Dan's dad....we ran the 32 that Pier57 has eariler in the year!!!
we loved the "old school" look of that boat and it ran great!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2002 Skater 32-dsc00737.jpg   2002 Skater 32-dsc00729.jpg   2002 Skater 32-dsc00739.jpg  

2002 Skater 32-0112091603a.jpg   2002 Skater 32-0112091603.jpg  
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SUE C Q
Not to throw a wrench in your plans But .................................i think the price has gone up and there is a person who is doing them who once was employed at Skater for over 12 years and is doing the tanks with another person who still is employed at Skater who has been there over 14 year's and with the assistance of another person because it can be a two man job is doing most of the tanks on new boats at Skater using the same materials that are used for the build of the new tanks and the repair of the old. There is a thread on scream & fly & speedwake showing the gas tank repair on the old Don Q Rum and it is called 32 Skater . I have to say that the pics really show all that is involved in doing the gas tanks ......................... just a thought guy's .
I would take it to Skater preiod!! I had my tanks done for 5k, + my time and travel expenses to and from the factory, that was almost 2 years ago. If Peter says 7k then its 7k.Yes it takes some time, but to have it done @ the factory was well worth it to me.When it comes to re -sale I would want Factory tank job over another shop. I know "Ginger" used to work @ Skater and probably does Ok work.
But No One knows the boats like Peter !!!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Registered

Dans dad, yes that one is real nice as well..It has the 525SC. should run real good...What did you have it up to..I like that one as well..I called on this one, but they are a bit stuck on what they want for it..They have it on Ebay and it doesn't bring more than50k....

Steve, It wouldn't get done anywhere else, and it isn't to far from lake cumberland so, That is where I would get them done if I come to terms, even before i Pick it up...

Thanks alot for all the input...

Joe

PS...Anybody seen the paint on that one in Lake Cumberland..Hopefully it is still the same as when painted..Do they store there boats outside or inside?
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Dans dad,

How many hours on that boat..How long ago where those motors fresehned up.How about the drives..?..What about the tanks in that one..It is a 99...Just a couple of quick thoughts...Whatya think..
Old 10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Registered

SUE C Q,

Yes I am aware that they set those up for TRIPS, but all-in-all is it a very nice and clean package and failry easy to maintain...

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Joe,

LCM has both indoor and outdoor storage. That boat is probably inside though. The 32 at Pier 57 had under 100hrs I believe on the boat and motors!! Its all original. The speedo wasnt working but I'd say we ran it up to 100 pretty easily. The tanks have not been done. The drive were upgraded by them from the beginning I believe. The boat is very clean. I'd make them an offer and see what they say. Both boats are sweet! If you know how to run the boat you can make the Bravo's last. Also if you dont run WOT the whole time.

Dan
Old 10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

Dan,

Yes, I would definitely want the tanks done before I take ownership of either of the boats..And obviuosly not at my expense..But it is a great looking boat and I don't mind the Bravo drives as that is basically all I have had in tha last 5-6 years of boating...But I did touch bases with them and they wanted a bit much and not willing to give up much...But it is something to keep in mind..If it doesn't work out with the outboard boat, I will call them up and go from there...

Thanks,
Joe

PS...What has that Motion Run?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
I would take it to Skater preiod!! If Peter says 7k then its 7k.Yes it takes some time, but to have it done @ the factory was well worth it to me
But No One knows the boats like Peter !!!
Could not of typed it better myself Steve

Take it to Peter & Chris @ SKATER its a HUGE friggin job and they'll get ya done right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.