Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
looking for a 28 skater >

looking for a 28 skater

Notices

looking for a 28 skater

Old 02-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Str 375 Hp Efi Have Zero Hours . That 32 For 70k You Forgot New 30 K Paint Job !!

I Just Have A Problem Paying All The Money For A Used Boat With Old Engines , Paint That I Hate , Rigging That Is A Mess Or Dated . Back In 08 I Thought I Got A Great Deal On My 32 Kevlar - Vinyl Estaer Resin ( No Tank Issues ) On A Super Nice Trailer For 23 K . The Only Way I Did A Project Like This Was , We Paint , Fiberglass And Machine Most Of Parts In House And Hunted Around For Engine Parts And Had The One And Only Shaun Torrente ( F-1 Fame ) Build My 375 -3 Litre Efi Powerheads . I Think All Said And Done My Cost Is Around 50 K
Old 02-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
My Str 375 Hp Efi Have Zero Hours . That 32 For 70k You Forgot New 30 K Paint Job !!

I Just Have A Problem Paying All The Money For A Used Boat With Old Engines , Paint That I Hate , Rigging That Is A Mess Or Dated . Back In 08 I Thought I Got A Great Deal On My 32 Kevlar - Vinyl Estaer Resin ( No Tank Issues ) On A Super Nice Trailer For 23 K . The Only Way I Did A Project Like This Was , We Paint , Fiberglass And Machine Most Of Parts In House And Hunted Around For Engine Parts And Had The One And Only Shaun Torrente ( F-1 Fame ) Build My 375 -3 Litre Efi Powerheads . I Think All Said And Done My Cost Is Around 50 K
You have done a great job with your boat!I wish I had the time and experience to tackle such a project. What will you be paying for the str 375hp engs.I wish I had known about those before I spent the $$$ on 300xs.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I know that 32 is on here and did not want to be the first to say that . The problem I have buying a used OB boat is more likely engines are going to come apart soon after you buy one . I would prefer to buy one without power cheap rather that pay all the money and have it come apart and then your upside down . Just my logic
That's why you buy one with warranties. Not some motors put together in a garage. You are correct 300x's are time bombs. Pay now or pay later.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Registered

Trust me shaun is one of two on planet that build stroker motors and Simon is the other . Very well respected in the OB field , kind of like Sterling for O.B power
Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Trust me shaun is one of two on planet that build stroker motors and Simon is the other . Very well respected in the OB field , kind of like Sterling for O.B power
Where is his machine shop? What does he charge for a complete 375hp motor? I think Simmon charges 10.5k for each powerhead you send him.I had Diamond marine build me a set of 340hp 2.5's.They have an incredible machine shop,I wish they would get into the 3.0 market.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We Are Building A Pair Right Now One Is Assembled ,,Waiting For A Crank For The Other
Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Registered

If you want a 3 Litre stoker you go to Shaun Torrente @ boat42@gmail , he wont touch a 2.5 , these guy's respect each other

Tell him Larry O sent ya
Old 02-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
Where is his machine shop? What does he charge for a complete 375hp motor? I think Simmon charges 10.5k for each powerhead you send him.I had Diamond marine build me a set of 340hp 2.5's.They have an incredible machine shop,I wish they would get into the 3.0 market.
Simon was $6500 last year. I've seen 115 with stock 300X's spinning merc 32's and no issues for 250 hours. More Power to you if you want more speed.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a nice power hull combo do you have any speed or performance inforation yet. My concern with the 30 and 32 Skaters with the 300 XS is dismal perfomace compared to the 28 and same power.

It would be nice to have a larger hull for bigger water yet comparable performane of the 28 with dependable twins.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

If you want a 3 Litre stoker you go to Shaun Torrente @ boat42@gmail , he wont touch a 2.5 , these guy's respect each other

Tell him Larry O sent ya
I have 3.2 strokers already.I think Diamond will be in the 3.0 liter motors in the future,right now they are covered up with 2.5 work.I think there is plenty of business for more than 2 builders.I just want some feedback from someone that has put some hrs on their motors.I like to run my Skater Hard!! Not a trailer Queen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.