Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Attention!!!Outboard Skaters >

Attention!!!Outboard Skaters

Notices

Attention!!!Outboard Skaters

Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I just seems different than many other markets where as we make new improvements in engine technology we gain more power and efficiency. I'm assuming it is because of the lack of demand but part of me feels an outboard that makes 350 hp, weighs under 500 lbs, turns higher rpm than standard motors, and has a gear case that last would sell for $25K?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I doubt a new high performance 2 stroke is any where close....
Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater
I'm starting to wonder how soon the 300xs replacement will be coming. It has been out for 6 years now and I have to think that in the last 6 years merc has figured out a way to get a little more power out of that motor or at least turn more rpm. With the quad cam turbo motors and then the 565 the inboards have got a lot of attention over the last few years, I say it's time to give us outboard guys something to get excited about.

the thought has crossed my mind that something new would be coming at some point but I don't think it'll be 2 stroke...with all the regulations my money is on a light weight 4 stroke high performance model...400hp would be sweet