28 Skater Help >

28 Skater Help

Notices

28 Skater Help

Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default toe in or out ?

the idea is that when everything gets loaded while underway, it all becomes straight or neutral. so you would set the toe in or out a small amount depending upon what prop rotation you run? prop rotation will determine if you need to set the toe in or out.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja555
Shaun Torrente told me zero, if that means anything..
Yep, thats what I have always heard to.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by motion
the idea is that when everything gets loaded while underway, it all becomes straight or neutral. so you would set the toe in or out a small amount depending upon what prop rotation you run? prop rotation will determine if you need to set the toe in or out.
I got a whole lot of stainless holding them right where they are. Yea there are a few joints here and there but I can't imagine a lot of flex in the rigging as rigged from the factory.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered

if you dont think your steering has any change loaded then at rest, dont worry about it. i am just trying to help by letting those who asked the correct way to set it up.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by motion
if you dont think your steering has any change loaded then at rest, dont worry about it. i am just trying to help by letting those who asked the correct way to set it up.
Understand.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would set it to zero run it then experiment. I spin in and tow them out 1/8"
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Mine are between 1/16" and 1/8" toe in. I call toe in the prop shafts being closer than the front of the gear case. My engines are turning out also which pulls the prop shaft outboard.
Will be doing some more testing soon and will try them straight to see if there is any difference. When racing years back always used a little toe.
Ok turning props in my nose cones are closer than my prop shafts since turning in forces props out
Old 08-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

it is easier to think of it as a single engine, most singles are right handed, a rh prop rotation allows the boat to turn right easier than left. when turning right the point of the gearcase moves to the left. and vise versa for a left hand. so when you spin the props in, meaning your right hand rotation is in on the port side, when loaded, it would be pulling the point of the gearcase outward, therefore you would want to set them toed in a tic at rest so when loaded they are "neutral, zero, or straight", whatever word makes sense. when spinning out the opposite would be true.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Rigging my hunk of crap real soon , curious , how do we measure this ?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Ok turning props in my nose cones are closer than my prop shafts since turning in forces props out
Your set up is correct but the force you are thinking about is pulling the prop/shaft in thus pushing the nose cones out to a zero.
Turning in the props are trying to go in. Turning out they will try and walk outward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.