Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
"Widow Maker" >

"Widow Maker"

Notices

"Widow Maker"

Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blubyu
I might be wrong but that looks like "40FLATDECK" here on the forum Eric's old boat?
did'nt Erics have a rub rail and skater redid the paint in winter of 2010
Old 09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nice ride, good luck with the sale.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Is the girl in the black top for sale also ????
Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
cool pics and ride,best of luck on the sale is that FVCK YOU i'm reading on the engine hatch ?????
LOL, yeeeeeeeeea, I really don't know where that came from.....

Last edited by thisistank; 09-22-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Just to be clear so there's no confusion as to what boat this "was"...It was originally the "Never Late" boat owned by Scot Conrad for some time. It exchanged hands a couple times, was orange and blue without the "Never Late" running down the side for a while. Then it was taken to Skater, where it had a 100k make over. Things virtually new.
Attached Thumbnails "Widow Maker"-img_0717.jpg  

Last edited by thisistank; 09-22-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man what a pretty boat! I love it!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Just to be clear so there's no confusion as to what boat this "was"...It was originally the "Never Late" boat owned by Scot Conrad for some time. It exchanged hands a couple times, was orange and blue without the "Never Late" running down the side for a while. Then it was taken to Skater, where it had a 100k make over. Things virtually new.
When I got it from Scott, it was horrible, 1st trip out we smoked a Sterling. 1 day=25k , and 2 years later, I finally got the real story from Chris of what that boat went through. What a shame. Really showed me his true colors.... Should have known better, but I was just excited to be getting a Skater, you know? I tried having it fixed in San Diego from a boat builder but it really just made it worse.....so I finally made the decision to take it to Peter, with a 20k budget, lol. Pretty much blew that out of the water when the whole rotten deck was cut off the first week. But what could I do, I am in waist deep now, so I went all the way. New tanks, all new interior (not just recovered, all new), new carbon dash, and about a million other things that were wrong, I had a 10 page bill from Skater. I just wanted it clean so I had them paint it a Mercedes Pearl. I always loved white Skaters, so thats what I did. So anyway, with 2 new motors, new drives, and a 97k bill from Skater, you can imagine how I felt, and it STILL needed more, needs more. The money I had saved up and was going to use to either pay the boat off or keep for rebuilds and such was now gone, about 180k.

We still had a lot of good years with the boat. I'm pretty sure I have the fastest 11 month old in existance, sleeping the whole time of course... Alot of great Poker Runs and alot of great people, many on this website.

But with my fathers Parkinsons in its final chapter, it had to be the first to go. Live in nurses and constant care..........if you think owning a Skater is expensive, I hope you never have to deal with a non curable disease. I did what I had to do, some may sh*t on me for that, but whats done is done.

He has a great boat and I wish them well, but Tank, at least give me the credit for making the boat what it is today.

Erik
Old 09-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
When I got it from Scott, it was horrible, 1st trip out we smoked a Sterling. 1 day=25k , and 2 years later, I finally got the real story from Chris of what that boat went through. What a shame. Really showed me his true colors.... Should have known better, but I was just excited to be getting a Skater, you know? I tried having it fixed in San Diego from a boat builder but it really just made it worse.....so I finally made the decision to take it to Peter, with a 20k budget, lol. Pretty much blew that out of the water when the whole rotten deck was cut off the first week. But what could I do, I am in waist deep now, so I went all the way. New tanks, all new interior (not just recovered, all new), new carbon dash, and about a million other things that were wrong, I had a 10 page bill from Skater. I just wanted it clean so I had them paint it a Mercedes Pearl. I always loved white Skaters, so thats what I did. So anyway, with 2 new motors, new drives, and a 97k bill from Skater, you can imagine how I felt, and it STILL needed more, needs more. The money I had saved up and was going to use to either pay the boat off or keep for rebuilds and such was now gone, about 180k.

We still had a lot of good years with the boat. I'm pretty sure I have the fastest 11 month old in existance, sleeping the whole time of course... Alot of great Poker Runs and alot of great people, many on this website.

But with my fathers Parkinsons in its final chapter, it had to be the first to go. Live in nurses and constant care..........if you think owning a Skater is expensive, I hope you never have to deal with a non curable disease. I did what I had to do, some may sh*t on me for that, but whats done is done.

He has a great boat and I wish them well, but Tank, at least give me the credit for making the boat what it is today.

Erik
Hey Erik, really sorry to hear about your dad...that's just a horrible desease. I did not realize the boat used to be yours until blubyu's post...and then still wasn't 100% sure!

I give you 100% credit for having it rebuilt right and forking out the endless money to get it where it needed to be. Then justin spent almost as much rigging it with new power, drives, and the seemingly endless amount of fittings, washers, hoses etc etc. Needless to say with the money spent on this boat to make it right over the last two years someone could have basically bought a new skater!

I hope things with you dad end as positive a note as humanly possible (sounds like you're ensuring that happens) and I hope you get into another skater as soon as you're ready! Take care bro.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It was originally built for American Offshore Marina in Dania, FL. It was sold to a guy in CT and named American Offshore Missile. It was then traded into Ocean Performance where Riichie Rich painted the boat the boat and X-Men theme which was amazing! Have never seen anything like it since. The original owner bought the boat back and had the Never Late scheme painted on it but never took delivery. Chris from Ocean ended up trading the boat to Conrad for a Outerlimits and cash. That's the early history of the boat. Boat looks great now.....good luck with the sale.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
It was originally built for American Offshore Marina in Dania, FL. It was sold to a guy in CT and named American Offshore Missile. It was then traded into Ocean Performance where Riichie Rich painted the boat the boat and X-Men theme which was amazing! Have never seen anything like it since. The original owner bought the boat back and had the Never Late scheme painted on it but never took delivery. Chris from Ocean ended up trading the boat to Conrad for a Outerlimits and cash. That's the early history of the boat. Boat looks great now.....good luck with the sale.
I have a Powerboat cover when it was first American Offshore. I only have one or two pics of the X-Men theme, I always tried to find more of the paint job. Between X-Men and Conrad getting it, it sat, and sat, and sat in rain. Enough rain to fill up the sponsons, which there in lies the problem. Scott knew about it, but I was too excited and too trusting to think he was selling me something hurt. My fault either way....

Last edited by 40FlatDeck; 09-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.